• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    My old computer tech job ordered several hundred Lenovo and HP laptops in my 4 years there. I can say that neither were better or worse than the other.
    Dell had the most issues as did the Toshibas that were floating around (very few of them). My experience is a couple years old now.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Before you buy a laptop, look at Dell Financials bay store.
    They sell enterprise quality refurbished lease returns for a song.
    I just purchased a refurbished Latitude for my granddaughter for under $400.

Back when I worked, I carried a Dell Latitude all over the world with no problems.
    I've been using a refurbished one for the last six years with no problems.
    I am about to replace this machine for a newer one with an i5 or i7 processor.
    It will certainly be a refurbished Dell Latitude from their bay store.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So I wound up going with a Lenovo ideapad 100 . It's got a 15.6 screen , Intel I5 , 4GB DDR3 memory, 1TB hard drive , an 8GB flash, Microsoft 365 and a year's worth of webroot for just 0ver $400 .

Now I just have to get used to typing on it versus my old style keyboard , and figure out how to work with the cloud and MS 10 .

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I wound up going with a Lenovo ideapad 100 . It's got a 15.6 screen , Intel I5 , 4GB DDR3 memory, 1TB hard drive , an 8GB flash, Microsoft 365 and a year's worth of webroot for just 0ver $400 .

Now I just have to get used to typing on it versus my old style keyboard , and figure out how to work with the cloud and MS 10 .
    Not bad. Sounds like a hybrid drive though and not SSD. A 1tb SSD is still around $300 by itself.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I paid 1k for my ASUS convertible which is basically a bare bones gaming laptop. Super fast, no issues.

I couldn't find ANYTHING cheaper that I was willing to compromise on.

Gen 3 or newer i5 or i7 would be a minimum IMO at 400 bucks. Try to get as much RAM as possible. And an SSD if possible.

I got a 4thgen i7, 12GB ram, 1TB HDD, and a Nvidia Geforce 940m. :) I also do a TON of multitasking.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I know they were never popular but a few years ago I bought a Chromebook for basic web browsing. It wasn't overly fancy but I had internet and I could type up documents on Google docs. Plus it had a couple USB ports so I could connect an external hard drive.

Top Bottom