• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    IF Bud's was just trying to 'reward their loyal customers that previously purchased from Bud's', then Bud's should have offered those 'terrific deals' ONLY to those customers.

Bud's most assuredly knows who those loyal customers are. Bud's has the 'loyal' customers online account info, their home address, perhaps phone number, etc. Bud's could have just as easily directed these 'deals' specifically to their 'loyal customers', as they claimed to do. In fact, it may well have been easier than what they actually did, and the ensuing morass that ensued.

Having ordered from Bud's multiple times in the pass, I certainly received no 'advanced' or 'invitation only' notice, nor any other form of 'customer loyalty' deal, nor any notice from Bud's that I would receive any such discount over their normal pricing.

The alleged 'explanation' from Bud's, posted above, appears to be nothing more than a very poor attempt to cover their own butts against allegations being circulated.

I've had zero issues dealing with Bud's in the past, though I didn't bother trying for any of the 'Black Friday' deals, as it would be anticipated and expected that such offerings would elicit sufficient response to crash their system. Are they stupid enough to think otherwise? :scratch:

That said, their 'explanation' tremendously lowers their credibility, IMO. I will certainly now be hesitant and extremely cautious IF I deal with them in the future, even at their regularly-offered prices.

As always, caveat emptor.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

TWO IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OUR CYBER MONDAY SALE !!
    First, to accommodate our West Coast customers we are pushing the below cost item deals back to 12pm EST.
    Second, ONLY customers with at least one previous order will be able to purchased and complete check out with a below cost Cyber Monday deal

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So...The guy explains what happened and what the policy was. Then people say it lowers their credibility. I presume it's because they're upset that they didn't get the deal they wanted. There's just no winning with some people.

There's no controversy when somewhere like Dicks sporting goods has a black Friday deal on 22lr and they run out before everyone in line gets a box. This is no different. They had a set amount they were willing to lose, and they held to that. The merchandise did get sold. People are just mad that things didn't go their way when the server was flooded and crashed due to an excessive amount of people trying to get the deal.

If anything, I'm more likely to do business with Buds because of this. They came out and let people know what happened. They gave a great deal to some lucky people.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "All press is good press" applies to celebrities, not online retailers.....but you are correct, they got a lot of it.

I don't know man, people still line up to buy from CheaperThanDirt even after their gouging type activities after every "gun" scare.

Top Bottom