• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I saw that too, but what struck me was the disclaimer that said "no loaded guns allowed in store"...what the heck? it's a gun store, I wanted to write them and tell them I would not visit the store because of that statement!!!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I saw that too, but what struck me was the disclaimer that said "no loaded guns allowed in store"...what the heck? it's a gun store, I wanted to write them and tell them I would not visit the store because of that statement!!!

Owners shop owners rules. I bet they get lots of strange folk that my or my not have the intelligence of us here at INGO.

I normally inform the gun shop that i am packing the heat.

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Owners shop owners rules. I bet they get lots of strange folk that my or my not have the intelligence of us here at INGO.

After the conversation I had with a dealer last week, I am starting to see why most gun stores don't want customers walking in with loaded weapons. I was looking at a used pistol for sale and accidentally swept him with the muzzle, and immediately apologized. He shrugged and said "Its unloaded, I handed it to you, I don't care", which surprised me. He went on to say that he gets swept with loaded weapons all the time, and one customer set off a revolver in the store and the round grazed his Dad's hand. When I asked about the three rules, he immediately said "To the rest of the world, what three rules? They don't know, and too many don't care."

Glock_Breaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I find handling guns at a shop unnerving. It's hard to hold it comfortably without feeling like I'm pointing it at *something* that shouldn't have a gun pointed at it.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    When handling at a store I try to hold it up or nearly straight down. I live near a gander mt and they have the stuffed deer and such on the wall, they are great to "aim" at cause they are already dead. Loaded or unloaded don't point a firearm at anything you do not intend to destroy.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA

I haven't seen a shop up here that doesn't have that on the door. I think it's just common sense.

I find myself going into a bank with that sign on the door is more nerve racking than a gun shop. Do you think a bank robber is going to remove his hat or gun when they walk into a bank? So, who is going to protect me from them? The mousey little teller, or the even whimpier bank manager. Go figure. I find THOSE signs to be insulting.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It is a pretty fun website to just sit and veg at. A lot of guns!!! I gotta take a day and drive down to Lexington, to experience this place.

Top Bottom