• snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for this info!

That is a fantastic price. I've got a 2" model 10, looks like a 3" will now be added.

Thanks again.

Don't forget J & S Guns at 4844 Plaza East Drive does $15 transfers and is on Bud's approved list. I hate being able to click a few tabs and have guns on the way :D.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I ordered two with the intention of keeping the one I preferred and selling the other. However, I know a few extra K-frames are handy to have laying around so I'll probably end up dual wielding against the zombies.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well, UPS said they were delivered but when I met up with Jim at J&S, they had only delivered one of the two. I fondled the one that did make it but left it there till the second arrives.

Overall the finish was very good with some slight holster wear at the muzzle. action was reasonably tight with a small amount of wiggle in the cylinder. Pinned barrel, I think it is a 10-5, could be 10-6. Either way, great value and I look forward to shooting them.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Looks like I will be calling Bud's Monday. They correctly charged me for 2 model 10's but only shipped one. I have given it four days since the first one arrived and still no second revolver. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Talked to Buds. They basically said "Oops, we did charge you for two but only shipped one". So I assume there was a revolver out of their inventory but unaccounted for. Seems shady/shoddy. Either way, it is now coming next day air and should be here Thursday.

I had a chance to check out two others my dealer had gotten in for other folks and so far it looks like I got a really good one the first time. The others I looked at were still nice but showed much more wear and had actions which were not as smooth.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Even though those are 4" now, it's still a decent price if you get a good one. If you get a bottom half of the range, though, maybe not so much.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Agreed, if it's a good one. At least they're off the VIP list, now. I didn't get the 3" because the possibility of "light rust" turned me off. I ordered a 4" and will take the chance.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Agreed, if it's a good one. At least they're off the VIP list, now. I didn't get the 3" because the possibility of "light rust" turned me off. I ordered a 4" and will take the chance.

Of the two 3" I ordered, one was very nice with a tight action and very little blueing wear, 10-5 in fact. The second had a matte smooth finish, almost like a owder coat, and was much more worn. It too, however, had a very good action and was worth the money. If I did not have a 4" model 10, I would order one of these.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    For about 2/3 of the 39 years I served with the military in Aviation, the M&Ps were our issued handguns. Of course, ours were MUCH more worn than the one in the picture on Bud's website.

Top Bottom