• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I doubt anyone listens to all of these recordings. I would have had a higher expectation if they had you hit 3 to stop advertising and 4 to continue supporting. This feels like they are just letting people blow off steam without actually bothering them.

Yeah that was my impression too but what the hey?

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    They won't pull their advertising...

"We have many long-term sports partnerships, including our NFL sponsorship, and while we may not agree on everything, we still believe in the power of sport to bring people together and overcome their differences. We have no plans to end our NFL sponsorship.”
    Matt Kohan, Senior Director of Marketing Communications, Anheuser-Busch

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They won't pull their advertising...

"We have many long-term sports partnerships, including our NFL sponsorship, and while we may not agree on everything, we still believe in the power of sport to bring people together and overcome their differences. We have no plans to end our NFL sponsorship.”
    Matt Kohan, Senior Director of Marketing Communications, Anheuser-Busch

Of course not, the possibility of this blowing over, and the NFL holding a grudge, and picking someone new is too great. They did this as a "feel good" move, to make people think they are listening to them. You can trust that you'll never see the polling.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Of course not, the possibility of this blowing over, and the NFL holding a grudge, and picking someone new is too great. They did this as a "feel good" move, to make people think they are listening to them. You can trust that you'll never see the polling.

Agreed, a Marketing move to limit any possible damage while staying the advertising course.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Totally, because obviously Budweiser doesn't really care about the situation, they just care about their bottom line. If more people support one stance more than the other, then they will make the appropriate choice which aligns with their potential to make the most "green."
    That IS what business is about!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just occurred to me that maybe this is a means for Bud to renegotiate their contract earlier. Given the drop in ratings since they signed it would make sense

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just occurred to me that maybe this is a means for Bud to renegotiate their contract earlier. Given the drop in ratings since they signed it would make sense

That kind of thing could easily trickle down to team owner/coach level to put some foots up asses.

"Look dumbasses, your disrespect for our country is into all of our wallets now." ;)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    did they ask for your demographic and call back info?

I wonder if you'll be getting marketing materials

They will probably cross reference the number you call from against the database with existent customer data they have from all their sellers. If people actually buying it complain, they may say/do something to NFL. If it's just us gun nuts who don't appear in their db, they will say nada.

Top Bottom