• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Got 'em Wednesday night at a friend's house. Have over dozen all over my legs. Not mosquitos because I was wearing jeans and have some higher up than they could have flown. Fleas or Chiggers? Itch like crazy.

lvbso.jpg

xgaddf.jpg

2cntu83.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Looks like you're rather allergic to chiggers! (chiggers being a rather generic term for some kind of creepy-crawly no-see-um bug that feasted on your pasty-white body)

-J-

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I got several of those recently as well. Wait till they start oozing! My thought was a spider of some type. They take several weeks to heal.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seed ticks for sure. These are the larval stage of the lone star tick and are hatching out now. No cure once bitten and permethryn is about the only thing that keeps them off. Consider yourself lucky, I've known a number of people with over 100 bites, a real misery.

The bites will last a few weeks. Also known as turkey ticks.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Got 'em Wednesday night at a friend's house. Have over dozen all over my legs. Not mosquitos because I was wearing jeans and have some higher up than they could have flown. Fleas or Chiggers? Itch like crazy.

lvbso.jpg

xgaddf.jpg

2cntu83.jpg

^^^^hate to say it, looks like bed bugs. For your sake I hope not. Better start looking around the head of your mattress for black pepper like specks.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'm not a Dr. (although I played one once in a movie...just kiddin'). They look like chigger bites to me, indeed they itch like crazy! I've had more than my share of these bites, and yes they can last a couple of weeks.

The absolute best cure I've found is using a styptic pencil when (and they will) open up. For me the styptic pencil cuts healing time by half or more. And the burn makes you forget about the itching!

Top Bottom