• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    And it looks like it's only a free rental for Amazon Prime users. Still not a bad price, though.

yErXk.png

Tagged for REFERENCE !!!!! BOB's .....

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I added something to my gear after doing a 26 mile hike in 3 days in rough terrain.
    knee braces.

If you plan on hoofing it somewhere far away and there are ups and downs you want some knee braces.

Is it possible you might get the same effect (relief for your knees) with a pair of ski/hiking poles? Using the poles helps take some of the weight off your joints and they have more than one use.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Is it possible you might get the same effect (relief for your knees) with a pair of ski/hiking poles? Using the poles helps take some of the weight off your joints and they have more than one use.

I had poles and highly recommend them to anyone hiking up or down. There is even one that makes a little stool to sit on which is awesome. I would still need knee braces though. I think it is mostly due to my sedintary lifestyle and possibly bad genes. My brother has knee problems too.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This may seem to be redundant or irrelevant compared to some things on this thread, but folks need to realize that everyone is different and has different needs in a survival situation - and those needs change over time. For instance, I don't need anything near the insulation I used to need in winter (since I've grown my own layers of "insulation" over the years). As we prepare, we need to take into account not only "standard needs" (e.g. '6 pounds of food per person, per day') but also each individual's particular needs. I took a winter survival course in Central Washington State in the late 70s. Our instructor was a former SF Sergeant who was dressed in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, while most of the rest of us were swathed in layers of clothing trying to keep warm. I think it's safe to say that his BOB for winter weather would have been smaller than mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    Thanks for the great posts. I'm well prepped for a home stay, but if I have to bug out I'm sorely lacking. I'm starting today to get a BOB prepped since all I can put in it now is a half-eaten pack of PEEPS Snowmen. Hey, it's the holidays.

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    True, everybody is different. The whistle not for me, I'm not giving away my position regardless, also I keep to small victor single traps in my bob. They can always catch something and are light and cheap for cost

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    basic overview

Weapons:
    M&P40 with 40SW barrel and 9MM barrel
    3x 40 mags, 1 extended 9mm mag
    40 and 9 ammo
    M&P15-22 with 2 25rnd mags
    Savage MK II with 2 10rnd mags
    22LR ammo -- this isnt the full cache, just a smaller sample
    Katana
    Machette
    Nunchaku
    Knife with glass breaker

Food:
    Whatever you can kill and cook
    Ramen
    Rice

Medical:
    2-4 person kit + extras in kit
    Israeli bandage
    alcohol
    gauze
    basic 3 day med kit that I made up. Contains basics for wound management for 2 to 4 people

OTHERS:

snow ghillie suit + balaclava
    FENIX LD20 flashlight
    TLR-1s
    Leatherman multi-tool
    100ft of 550
    100ft various cord
    10x glow sticks
    pack of zip ties
    tape
    string
    3L hydration
    tarp
    water proof matches
    collapsible shove
    knife kit. Different blades for different tasks, one handle
    heat pads
    SAS survival guide

bottle of sake, because well, you may need it

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I would lose the ninja weapons, change the machete to something more reliable..swap out the winter ghillie for goretex jacket/pants

Maybe ditch the 15/22 and just keep the savage rifle

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I am delinquent in getting my bag switched over from warm weather to cold. Big thing is being sure there is enough food and first aid supplies in your bug out bag. really, how many fights have you been in? How many times have you needed to eat? Not to say that having protection isn't important - this IS INGO of course! :)

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I would lose the ninja weapons, change the machete to something more reliable..swap out the winter ghillie for goretex jacket/pants

Maybe ditch the 15/22 and just keep the savage rifle

those "ninja" weapons were a joke, as is the AK lighter and SAKE.

I happen to enjoy the suit, ADDING gortex instead of replacing, I would do.
    I see no benefit in dropping the 15-22 over the savage
    . It's just as accurate and weight is close to the same.

Thanks for the suggestion

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    those "ninja" weapons were a joke, as is the AK lighter and SAKE.

I happen to enjoy the suit, ADDING gortex instead of replacing, I would do.
    I see no benefit in dropping the 15-22 over the savage
    . It's just as accurate and weight is close to the same.

Thanks for the suggestion
    Take a blade and cut the cardboard on the insides of your tape so that you can flatten them out. The alcohol could be put into a better container (not that I'm telling you how to do it) I've just seen those caps come undone soooo easy.

Also might want to add a portable auger or some type of ice pick and filtration for H20 under frozen ponds/lakes/rivers.

Looks pretty good. What do you have for a firestarter? I know the AK was a joke, but I didn't see much in that area. Should also put a smaller fixed blade knife, and perhaps a rapalla and sharpener for skinning/deboning.

Top Bottom