• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    i never had a clue you could buy scar lowers and build them also.

You can't. This product is a replacement lower for the SCAR-17S that allows the use of common and inexpensive SR-25 style magazines (think DPMS or PMAG-308). Remember that on the SCAR, the upper is the serial numbered/regulated item; the lower is "just parts". While you can buy the lower and swap in the guts from your existing receiver, you won't be able to get new lower parts, uppers or upper parts from FNH USA to do a complete build.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can't. This product is a replacement lower for the SCAR-17S that allows the use of common and inexpensive SR-25 style magazines (think DPMS or PMAG-308). Remember that on the SCAR, the upper is the serial numbered/regulated item; the lower is "just parts". While you can buy the lower and swap in the guts from your existing receiver, you won't be able to get new lower parts, uppers or upper parts from FNH USA to do a complete build.
    i feel as if my dog was just killed :crying:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    On the up-side, this lower is a Good Thing for SCAR-17S owners who are sick of scrounging around to find mags and having to pay through the nose when the find them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have had that rifle for a year and a half and I JUST found heavy mags for $35.

I'd rather run the magpul mags, if only for the anti tilt followers.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you won't be able to get new lower parts, uppers or upper parts from FNH USA to do a complete build.

YET.

that is the key word ;)

eventually if the rifle is successful/popular enough, and after the patent expires (Im assuming there is a patent), then its 'game on'.

Top Bottom