• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Well i ordered the Rainier barrel and am getting ready to order the Aim surplus nitride bcg and BCM med charging handle. Guess i missed the Aero barrels. Google can only do so much

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Well i ordered the Rainier barrel and am getting ready to order the Aim surplus nitride bcg and BCM med charging handle. Guess i missed the Aero barrels. Google can only do so much

I doubt you'd ever have a problem with anything from Aim but if you ever would, give them a call and they'll absolutely take care of you. Great group of people over there.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Good to know. I was reading another forum about Faxon and they are out of Cincy. They seem to stand behind their products too. But I ordered th Rainier. I've heard good things about them too.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Good to know. I was reading another forum about Faxon and they are out of Cincy. They seem to stand behind their products too. But I ordered th Rainier. I've heard good things about them too.

Surprised I didn't know that being that I'm also from Cincy. I've read several reviews of Faxon barrels. Some great, others not so much. They always took care of the customer but a good barrel seemed to be a roll of the dice. My dad returned his, got a Mega and was glad it shot as advertised.

I have an 18" Rainer Ultramatch in .223 wylde and it does live up to it's reputation. Sounds like you've got a great build coming together. Keep this thread updated and add pics when you can.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Thanks. Can't wait till stuff starts showing up on my doorstep! The barrel I ordered is the select but they still guarantee sub moa! Still trying to decide on muzzle brake. I have a friend at Precision Armament out of NY so I may get ahold of him...

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Another question. Should I use an adjustable gas block?

I chose to use an adjustable gas block because I wanted to be able to use a suppressor.

When it comes down to it, it's kind of one of those things were you wont know what you will need till you've shot the rifle as see how it runs.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    That kind of what Im leanind to. Id rather have it and not need it. Any quality ones that are a cheap? I was going to order a Red Barn Armory blem that is designed similar to a Seekins but I understand you get what you pay for, and at $20 Id probably be asking for trouble I don't want. I like the SLR 7 but $120 is a bit much but I like that its adjustable from the front.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My girlfriend has an $85 adjustable from Odin Works. It adjusts the same as a Syrac gen 2 with the locking detents. The Odin Works isn't as low profile as the Syrac but it still fits under a free float rail.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    So I ordered the last list of parts I need for the build minus trigger upgrade and optics! Total so far is, $1405.39 including shipping (if there was any). I still have to pay FFL fees also but right where I want to be. Parts list:

Aero Precision recievers , LPK and NiB BCG
    Rainier 16" select barrel
    Odin Works adjustable gas block
    Spikes Melonited gas tube
    Midwest Industries 12" SS Keymod rail
    BCM Gunfighter Mod3 charging handle
    SLR BCF brake comp
    2 Magpul 10 rd mags
    Magpul ACS-L stock

I plan on running the lpk trigger and grip for now. Was thinking ALG combat trigger with JP reliability springs but I might go with a Geissle trigger of some sort and a Hogue grip.

Top Bottom