• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Buy a complete rifle for $400 or less ...... assemble your own lower @ your kitchen table while watching a youtube video and buy a completed upper for (all in) $400 + ..... hand pick each piece ... well that's just maddening and $$$$$$$$$
    and you get what you bought assuming you don;t know what you think you want. I tend to buy mil spec several lowers around $50ish, find a deal on a lower parts kit ( I currently like Strike Industries enhanced lpk $40 - $70) JP trigger springs $10ish, Hogue grip and stock or whatever you like. Maybe a drop in trigger set (?) $100+ ............ get the parts you touch that you like and buy an assembled upper of your choice there are 100s if not 1000s to choose from. Good Luck BKG

I am a huge fan of Geissele drop ins. Never tried the JP but seen good reviews.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My personal favorite combo for a budget build is the ALG ACT trigger with the red and yellow JP spring set. It's no two-stage Geissele, but it's a good upgrade to mil-spec.

As is the coated BCM. I recently experienced it for the first time myself and for any No-frills build the BCM LPK with this trigger is REALLY hard to beat. It feels GREAT.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As is the coated BCM. I recently experienced it for the first time myself and for any No-frills build the BCM LPK with this trigger is REALLY hard to beat. It feels GREAT.
    Kind of going in a different direction here but I noticed it while giving the BCM trigger another look. Has anyone noticed the pricing on the BCM site? They have List Price and Our Price, which makes complete sense on third party items from other manufacturers, but they even have it on THEIR OWN stuff. So they're undercutting themselves? Seems like a shallow marketing ploy, unless I'm missing something.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Kind of going in a different direction here but I noticed it while giving the BCM trigger another look. Has anyone noticed the pricing on the BCM site? They have List Price and Our Price, which makes complete sense on third party items from other manufacturers, but they even have it on THEIR OWN stuff. So they're undercutting themselves? Seems like a shallow marketing ploy, unless I'm missing something.
    I haven't spent a lot of time on BCM, but Aero, Anderson, and a whole lot of other manufacturer websites still have not updated or are actively updating because of Christmas sales. So those could be sales prices that go away soon.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I haven't spent a lot of time on BCM, but Aero, Anderson, and a whole lot of other manufacturer websites still have not updated or are actively updating because of Christmas sales. So those could be sales prices that go away soon.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    No, they're like that all the time. I remember thinking it was odd when I bought my upper back in 2015.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same deal with the Hyperfire's that were discounted to below a hundred bucks a while back. With Brownell's discount and free shipping, wish I'd bought a few more.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

NO, it's just a shallow marketing ploy. The "list price" is a marketing fabrication.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Aero Precision has good prices and good specs.

And how on the tolerances. My Aero upper and lower fit together so well that you almost don't need pins. The parting line between them is almost invisible, it looks like one piece of metal when it's assembled.

And this level of quality cost me $120 for the SET (upper and lower, both stripped).

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I always spend more when I build one. Always.

Pretty much this ^^^^^^^ but you do end up with exactly what you want

These guys said it... It's that part about getting the "exact gun I want" that gets me to build my own.

I know I can buy one for less. I also know that not long after I get it home, I'll end up buying different parts for it anyhow. The AR has so much aftermarket support, and they're so damn easy to customize to your liking, I can't resist. There's just no reason for me to have bran new parts laying around I won't use.

CR6JYyK.jpg

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I just finished building my first on my own. I had a friend help on my first kit build. It would have been a quick job if my wife didn't keep interrupting me!! Putting together a lower kit is very easy. You can find step by step youtube videos for reference. Both of my builds are PSA kits. $460 is what I have in the kit, lower, shipping, and transfer.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...weight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-kit-516446780.html

Top Bottom