• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    I have a Trust and a SBR. What is required to make a AOW ? A friend asked me about it. I assume you pay 200 $ to manufacture said weapon and wait. When the paper work comes back it is then a AOW and if its ever sold or transfered it costs 5 $ ? Again I would rather answer the question with I will get back to you then be wrong. Personally I would pay my tax for a SBR SBS etc. :popcorn:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Yes, $200 to make AOW (or SBS or SBR, etc) $200 to transfer SBS or SBR but only $5 to transfer AOW (why?:dunno: Because government?)

I built this AOW right before we learned that Indiana was doing away with the restriction on the SBS. I love it, but still prefer my various SBS built since then. Keep in mind if you intend to do an AOW shotgun the receiver can never have had a stock. I bought a factory pistol grip 870 to do mine. There are shops that will sell virgin factory 870 receivers as well which can be used to build up from there.
    AOW%20870%20Side%201_zpstsnifm4h.jpg

SBS's (with the AOW mixed in)
    Marine%20and%20WM%20Tailgate1_zpsrnlval0h.jpg

SxS%20and%20AOW%201_zpsfz0ao7n6.jpg

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Yes, $200 to make AOW (or SBS or SBR, etc) $200 to transfer SBS or SBR but only $5 to transfer AOW (why?:dunno: Because government?)

I built this AOW right before we learned that Indiana was doing away with the restriction on the SBS. I love it, but still prefer my various SBS built since then. Keep in mind if you intend to do an AOW shotgun the receiver can never have had a stock. I bought a factory pistol grip 870 to do mine. There are shops that will sell virgin factory 870 receivers as well which can be used to build up from there.
    AOW%20870%20Side%201_zpstsnifm4h.jpg

SBS's (with the AOW mixed in)
    Marine%20and%20WM%20Tailgate1_zpsrnlval0h.jpg

SxS%20and%20AOW%201_zpsfz0ao7n6.jpg

Beautiful, I love the wood. I've been looking into a pistol gripped double barrel, but sadly there are no double barrel shipped without buttstocks to do an AOW

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    What gun is that SBS Dan?

It's a Century Arms Coach Gun. Started out as a 20" barrel with a full stock. Then I got my permission slip from the ATF. Milled the barrel down, welded the center area and then cold blued it. Next was cutting the stock on a band saw then forming it on a belt sander. After some finish on the stock it was out to the range! Way too much fun.

Top Bottom