• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CADDAC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Westfield
    I'm am finally going to do my first ar build. I am very exctied about this project how ever it appears to be a bit of a challenge obtaing the parts right now. I would like any feed back on best places to get parts in Hamilton county and other advice. I have found a lot on line but I am all about supporting local business. Would love to be able to find a stag arms lower.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    Not sure about local parts but I would look at Rainier Arms, Bravo Company USA, Midway USA, and Brownells for parts. If a part is out of stock sign up for email notification.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Not Stag, but Keisler's in Jeffersonville seem to keep a number of lowers on the shelf. I was there on Wednesday and they had a stack of alloys (forget the mfg, Surplus Sales or something liek that) and they had a couple of DelTons last weekend that sold quick, all for $200.

I scored a complete M4 lower parts kit (everything BUT the lower receiver)from Palmetto State Armory this past week for $136, but those sold out quickly. You have to be in the right place at the right time nowadays to score the good deals, but that's getting easier to do.

Total hearsay: Model 1 Sales and DSArms are trickling out good cheap uppers at reasonable prices. I've heard of guys (friend's cousin's girlfriend's brother-type stories) getting 16" and 20" complete uppers for as low as $375.

Of course, you can always hop on gunbroker.com and put together a $2000 AR in one evening. :rolleyes:

AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    you picked the wrong time to start building, because of the current frenzy. But better now than never. I would suggest being patient unless you are wanting to spend 2-3 times as much on parts. But otherwise, good luck

CADDAC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Westfield
    i managed to pick up a dti lower from a friend for what i felt was a fair price this weekend. i understand that this my not be the best time but i feel if i can build one for under a 1000 i will be happy. got 210 in a lower so far. but i felt ok paying that for a private sell.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Me here in the catbird seat :) got some 80% lowers and a few parts kits laid in before the frenzy. Could do with maybe one more upper, but no hurries, no worries. I know, I suck. Ordered 7 cases of various calibers the week before the election, too.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'm am finally going to do my first ar build. I am very exctied about this project how ever it appears to be a bit of a challenge obtaing the parts right now. I would like any feed back on best places to get parts in Hamilton county and other advice. I have found a lot on line but I am all about supporting local business. Would love to be able to find a stag arms lower.

the biggest disappointment of building an AR is that you are done in like 30 minutes!

and, they are like tattoos in that once you build one, you want to build another and another......

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    While it's noble that you want to support local businesses, it's gonna be tough to find everything you need locally. I would go to a couple of the major sites and start comparing prices and put in a nice order. You can support the local gun shops, but you're likely to have to make several trips to do so and still have to place an online order. Just my thoughts. Good luck and have fun!!!

CADDAC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Westfield
    ive got my name on a few waiting list. i am in no major rush set a hopeful completion date of March 13 my bday but that my be unrealistic. unless i wanted to get spend crazy

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    Speaking of finding parts locally, does anyone in Indianapolis have a spare gas block roll pin I could trade for some change? I've got everything I need to assemble a 6.8 upper this weekend and I don't feel paying 6 bucks for 2 pins and shipping if that's all I'll be ordering offline.

Top Bottom