• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Any recommendations for bulk ammo in the Indy area? Looking for 500-1000 of .40 and .223. I was going to try Profire but I don't know where they went. I wanted to order from Freedom Munitions for the free shipping they had but they were out of the remanufactured FMJ stuff. I'm trying to do a lot more shooting/training this year but 50 round packs from Walmart isn't the ideal solution.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    It's really hard to find bulk ammo at a storefront for cheaper than you can order over the web.

AIM Surplus is hard to beat.

Ammoman, luckygunner, ammoseek, etc. are all good places to start.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    After paying for shipping, is it still that much better of a deal? It just seems like shipping ammo is pricey. Thanks for the suggestions!

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    After paying for shipping, is it still that much better of a deal? It just seems like shipping ammo is pricey. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Yes.

You're skipping the retail markup in many cases by ordering directly from a distributor.

Also, many places offer free shipping on bulk orders. $15 shipping is pretty common too.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have an order from AIM Surplus arriving today, it is 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 (Wolf) it was $4.59 per box, shipping was $15.17.
    On-line is THE way to go when ordering bulk ammo.
    Also AIM charges actual shipping, they don't try to make an extra buck by over charging for shipping.
    I've been ordering from them for years, they are in Ohio, so you get your ammo within 2 to 3 days, this time of year might be a little longer.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I just received an order yesterday from sgammo.com - I needed a couple hundred rounds of Federal HST for my carry gun, and sgammo.com was about half the price of buying it locally. And they shipped fast too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Have you ever used ammoseek.com? Seems like it does a decent job doing the searching for you. But you still have to watch the shipping charges.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    FreedomMunitions got a bunch of stuff back in stock. Between free shipping and a 10% discount for buying the "blaster" ammo, I paid a few cents under $200 for a case of .40 S&W FMJ. The blaster ammo is supposed to be the same ammo but with slight case discolorations that caused it to fail QC inspection. As long as it's safe and shootable then I couldn't care less how pretty it is. Also picked up 500 .223 for $152. Here is for hoping it doesn't get stolen off my porch! Big time of year for that.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    You just missed some great ammo deals with either free shipping or $9.99 shipping on Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
    Some might still be running specials, but there was a heck of a lot of ammo just purchased in the past 2 weeks from all these suppliers so some may be out of stock.

+1 for bobcat steel too

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    SGAMMO.COM, I recently received 1000 rds of 9mm Blazer Brass (115 gr) for $205 delivered to my door.

In INDY try KS&E sports at Post Rd and Pendleton Pike, ED sells ammo in Bulk.

Top Bottom