• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    shotgun, rimfire, centerfire pistol or centerfire rifle?

I cant say that I really like all that much of it but the American Eagle .223 stuff in the black box is alright if you get it cheap enough and need the brass.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Whereever I can find it and have the $$ and can afford it.

What I do know is Gander Mountain is out, personally I have got most of mine at Wally World before the big 20% increase.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I always check gunbroker prices on guns before I buy anywhere else...chances are I can normally find a better deal on the site....so I do the same for ammo....now of course if you're really picky and looking for a very specific type of ammo or something than your just limiting yourself and probably won't find a better deal than what you can find locally....but I always shop online before making a purchase whether it's gunbroker or various other sites

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Cool, never thought of that. I will have to check it out. I too use the site to get an idea but the prices are usually high IMHO, but I have been wrong before.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I usually shop gunbroker....the only time I've found better deals than there is on occasion at the 1500 show

Whatever happened to the big ammo dealer that used to set up at the 1500? I think it was Claflin. He had a huge selection, huge inventory and great prices. I miss those days.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    it's just a matter of how you search.....just go to the category such as modern firearms;handguns;semiauto then in the search type in the keywords you want such as "92" for a beretta but just typing 92 will give you all of the other manufacturers as well as Beretta..

.then click on the price column title to arrange by lowest price first...and basically, the lowest price you can find which has NO bids and NO reserve is the best "anyday" price for that item, of course you'll have to tack on shipping and transfer from a local dealer but usually is not much more than $30....

.if you want to get a good idea of what a particular item has been selling for and in a sense its "market value"...

use the advanced search, select modern firearms, and ended within last 90 days, type in what you're lookin for and check the box for only auctions with no reserve....then click search and click the column title for number of bids which will show you the ones which have actually been bid on first and so they definitely sold because they had no reserve...and this will give you an idea of what they are going for on the site

I'm a collector, but that doesn't mean I don't shop for the best deals and prices I can find (I'm also a tight a$$).....I babysit the websites like a mother hawk

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Whatever happened to the big ammo dealer that used to set up at the 1500? I think it was Claflin. He had a huge selection, huge inventory and great prices. I miss those days.

IDK about this one....when I find good prices on ammo it's usually in like a hidden spot which gets overlooked...like a small sign on some small "no name" table and he just has a little sign posted for the ammo.....I take my time and scan every little thing at these shows....of course there is a lot of crap which I have no use for at the moment so I can scan pretty quickly...but I haven't noticed any larger tables have really good prices very often

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    it also takes some patience though...if you must buy a specific item RIGHT NOW...you will restrict yourself to currently available prices and miss out on that special occasion....I saw a guy post a winchester 94 in pristine condition, looked unfired for a buy it now of only like 150-175...I don't remember exactly...but I simply didn't have it at the time it was right before last Christmas....but point is there are great deals, you just have to monitor it regularly and be patient...which I'll admit I'm not all the time especially with the "impulse buys" when you are at a show or store and actually holding what you want in your hand...it's hard to tell yourself no and go home and check the sites

Top Bottom