• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Do it on a wood or similar surface. Do it on stone or concrete and you can break it, ask me how I know.

Oh, and USP, the bullet should be inside the thing...

on a side note, I have used a bullet puller to INSTALL bullets!!!!!! :rockwoot:

I was making some inert rounds of 5.45x39, pulled the bullets, dropped powered, fired primer, drilled case, and then reversed the case and used the bullet puller to reseat the bullet! Worked like a charm for my purpose anyway!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Do it on a wood or similar surface. Do it on stone or concrete and you can break it, ask me how I know.

Oh, and USP, the bullet should be inside the thing...

i beat the crap out of mine on a brick....hasn't give up yet.....i would say it's been hit a few 1000 times.....

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I have a foam ear plug in the bottom of my puller to protect the bullet tips. If you have a lot to pull the collet puller is the way to go but for one every now and then the inertia puller works fine. I use both and they both have their place.

Great tip on the shell holder though.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the best way to get a bullet out of a case is to secure the case in a vice. Take a mallet and punch. Put the punch on that little round thingy in the center of the bottom of the case and pound away. I think I got that out of the Dummies guide to pull'n bullets. :laugh:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    ^^^Do NOT Attempt This!!!

I know it's all in fun.(Smiley Face+All) but this post is not wise
    There are too many people who surf these forums who would not know any better than to do this as you described.
    The FUN stops when someone gets hurt..
    No rant--Just my 2 cents worth..Bill

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I think the best way to get a bullet out of a case is to secure the case in a vice. Take a mallet and punch. Put the punch on that little round thingy in the center of the bottom of the case and pound away. I think I got that out of the Dummies guide to pull'n bullets. :laugh:
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ NOT !!!!!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was in one of my dark, twisted moods. Unemployment and lack of sleep will do that to a person on occasion. I probably should have used Purple as well!

Wolfe28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Tighten the collet and smack the crap out of the head of the puller on something really solid like you would swing a framing hammer. Don't be afraid of breaking it, they're tough.

Sort of. I just busted one two weeks ago (I had the RCBS kinetic puller). Needless to say, there is a 357max dummy round somewhere in the garage, with the collet still attached.

That said, it took me about 5 years to break that one. So, they are tough, but they will wear out.

Top Bottom