• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I am putting this thread here, because it seems fitting. mods feel free to move it were it is supposed to go.

Me and my wife were driving around and she came up with i thought was a brilliant idea. We find someone with a large peice of land. We hold a firearms gathering of some sort. maybe like nfa day. this is were it gets fun. We invite those people who do the BBQ contest. We get ten or fifteen guys out there do a bbq cook off for the crowd. Have like a ten dollar cover charge, that goes toward the winners of the contest.
    bring your own ammo.
    We spend the day shooting guns of all walks of life, and then spend the evening eating some awesome BBq pork products, maybe some live music in there, and finish it off with a fireworks show.
    As my wife said, we call it Bullets "N" Bacon.
    Please feel free to chime in with ideas to make it better. i am not very good with this kind of thing.

kkoger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Location and liabilities will be a large factor. It'd be really hard to find any location without knowing the amount of people who would show up, let alone a place that is safe and legal that is also protected by insurance under waivers. It's a great idea though. If things could be worked out Id be down to join. You had my attention at bacon...

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Location and liabilities will be a large factor. It'd be really hard to find any location without knowing the amount of people who would show up, let alone a place that is safe and legal that is also protected by insurance under waivers. It's a great idea though. If things could be worked out Id be down to join. You had my attention at bacon...

ya i am not sure i am smart enough to know how to put something like this together.
    Let me think. o i got it. we need a pig farmer, with about 20 acres of land.
    2 birds one stone. my thinking is like october fest with guns. maybe less beer, or no beer till the shooting is done. and no polka music. ingo members and family only. i like that one.
    i see now what must be done. i have to hit the lottery and buy 200 acres to hold this celebration. damn now i have to go to the store and get some bacon.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    first person to invite is Famous Daves.
    i wonder if smokey bones would like to paricipate.
    Hell we will even have a bunch of amatures in the contest as well. if you want to cook, more power to all.

kkoger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Haha yea I like the pig farmer idea. As a matter of fact I myself am a farmer here in east central Indiana. Not a pig farmer but we do farm a substantial amount of acres and feed out 300 head of beef cattle. I would love to host something like this but I wouldn't be able to afford the liabilities haha. Keep the gears turning though!

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Haha yea I like the pig farmer idea. As a matter of fact I myself am a farmer here in east central Indiana. Not a pig farmer but we do farm a substantial amount of acres and feed out 300 head of beef cattle. I would love to host something like this but I wouldn't be able to afford the liabilities haha. Keep the gears turning though!

BBQ beef? i can get down with that. I wonder how much it would cost to handle the liability? cause here is my numbers

10 dollars per person, kids free.
    30,000 ingo members.
    everybody brings 1/2 a person so 45,000 people. its just an estament. spell check pleas.
    450,000 dollars. i would think that would cover the cook off, renting the land, liability insurance, and, what else, see i really suck at this part.
    of course not that many people are going to show. maybe.
    i say we invite some youtube personalities, hickok45, Full auto, colion noir, tnoutdoors9, and yes fpsrussia, that guy makes me laugh. invite the media, and show the world what being American is all about. Fun and Freedom. i am really liking this idea so far.

kkoger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Haha the fpsRussia guy is in trouble last I heard. His ranch got raided. It's just not a very realistic idea. By all means continue exploring your options and let me know if it works itself out. I'd be glad to knock a random cow in the head and put him on a pike over the 100ft bonfire we'd be sure to have if this takes flight.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I normally run what we call "Sunday GUNday" about once a month when I am at home. It sounds similar to the idea you have going here, however instead of inviting the entire forum we just have good friends get together.

We were just shooting to shoot and blowing things up because we could, but with the cost of ammo it doesn't seem like an even that is going to continue being held in that idea.

Anyway, if you need any help let me know.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I normally run what we call "Sunday GUNday" about once a month when I am at home. It sounds similar to the idea you have going here, however instead of inviting the entire forum we just have good friends get together.

We were just shooting to shoot and blowing things up because we could, but with the cost of ammo it doesn't seem like an even that is going to continue being held in that idea.

Anyway, if you need any help let me know.

As soon as I am able, you get some rep for the Married With Children refrence.

I am starting to think maybe I am trying to go to big to fast. Maybe something less like woodstock. Maybe start it off a little smaller. See if people get interested and go from there. Step one, we need a safe location to discharge firearms. Two, some sort of way to pick the people invited to keep the crowd small. Three, date and time. Four, details of who's cookin what, and what fire arms and ammo are being brought. Six, someone smarter than me to figure out how to put this together. Seven, fireworks. Where will they come from. Eight, should we charge admission fee to help off set cost of food. I am now accepting all input. Please let me know if I have forgotten something.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I am putting this thread here, because it seems fitting. mods feel free to move it were it is supposed to go.

Me and my wife were driving around and she came up with i thought was a brilliant idea. We find someone with a large peice of land. We hold a firearms gathering of some sort. maybe like nfa day. this is were it gets fun. We invite those people who do the BBQ contest. We get ten or fifteen guys out there do a bbq cook off for the crowd. Have like a ten dollar cover charge, that goes toward the winners of the contest.
    bring your own ammo.
    We spend the day shooting guns of all walks of life, and then spend the evening eating some awesome BBq pork products, maybe some live music in there, and finish it off with a fireworks show.
    As my wife said, we call it Bullets "N" Bacon.
    Please feel free to chime in with ideas to make it better. i am not very good with this kind of thing.

I'm LEGENDARY at my house for saying: "This is good, but it would be better with BACON!"

Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Camping.. then only golf carts that run off bacon grease.. so you could mount the fireworks on them... if your going large then you surely would want mud drag racing.. it sure looks like a fun weekend. I am in.:)

Top Bottom