Bullpup: FN FS2000, Kel-Tec RDB, and IWI Travor. Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the welcoming party everyone. I'm glad I took a buddies advice to join.

Can anyone confirm if the larger magazines will be accepted in the fn or travor? Their respective websites state that they don't. Whereas the Kel-Tec says any ar15 magazine.

The FS2000 has a sealing surface in the mag well that prevents some magazines from working . The seal is there to keep dust, dirt and moisture from coming in through the magazine opening. The seal can be removed with an exacto knife and then just about any magazine will work.

Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    The AUG was mentioned, but because it lacks full ambidexterity without purchasing more parts. I'm a lefty here and I want to avoid brass crossing my face! :) With that being said, it only leaves me with the Kel-Tec RDB, Tavor (bought factory direct as a left hand shooter), and FS2000 for my 5.56 desires. But the Tavor, once converted, means that only lefty's can comfortably shoot it. Most of the people who I would take shooting are right handed. So in reality, the Kel-Tec, FS200, and actually now the Dessrt Arms MDR (which is too expensive for my tastes) are my preferred options.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I personally don't like the placement of the release switch for the Kel-Tec. It's even closer to the back of your hand when you shoot. The Tavor at least has that further back a bit and the X95 has an AR style mag release. The FS2000 has a very positive mag release

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Chezuki, why do you think Kel-Tec is a bad choice? Care to share?

I'm GUESSING this statement comes from the thought to be mediocre reputation of the company. Of course, YMMV. I don't own one, but they catch some flak.
    While I'd think hard about most things keltec, I dig the RFB. Only handled one, never shot one, but liked the way it felt. I REALLY liked that it takes FAL mags as well, though that may be irrelevant to many. I tried hard to talk a friend into buying one because I liked it, and in the research I did I don't recall any big red flags.
    All you options are pretty sweet.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    The AUG was mentioned, but because it lacks full ambidexterity without purchasing more parts. I'm a lefty here and I want to avoid brass crossing my face! :) With that being said, it only leaves me with the Kel-Tec RDB, Tavor (bought factory direct as a left hand shooter), and FS2000 for my 5.56 desires. But the Tavor, once converted, means that only lefty's can comfortably shoot it. Most of the people who I would take shooting are right handed. So in reality, the Kel-Tec, FS200, and actually now the Dessrt Arms MDR (which is too expensive for my tastes) are my preferred options.

In that case the FS2000 is your best bet. The forward ejection makes it friendly for everyone, just remember it will only take USGI mags unless you modify it (dont do it). Otherwise its a great weapon, FN makes a great product and does some pretty in depth R&D unlike Keltec or Desert Arms where you have a good chance of getting a lemon.

Now that I think about it, I believe Magpul does make some PMAGs specifically for the FS2000?

Skillet4630

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2017
    Fort Wayne
    knutty: I read that concern about the FS2000 mag well seal. Although it would be nice to be able to place any mag into it, I think I would keep that seal in place as to not hurt future resale. Thanks for the advise on the FS2000. Now I just really gotta bear down and sort out which one I would like. The RDB or FS2000.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008

The AUG can be bought in LH configuration from a couple of sources. One is Pete Athens, who is the best AUG source anyway.
    www.Pjs-SteyrAug.com
    A call or email to Pete will probably be well worth your time. He's been selling AUGs since the first ones in the US.

Top Bottom