• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was at the 1500 late Sunday, came across a booth on the north side of the main room that had a video running of a $40 gadget that installed inside of the trigger guard of any semi auto rifle that allowed for easy bump fire, along with the option of single fire while installed.

It claimed to be legal, easy to install....looked like a piece of arched flex metal. Has anyone tried/bought one of these, or has anyone heard anything on the legality of this?

I was going to post this in the Long Rifle forum, but since it said it could be used on any semi auto weapon, I put it in general. Feel free to stash this someone else.

:)

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I bought one of these several years ago. I think I got the "Tac Trigger". What a waste of money! I tried it on several different long rifles and never could get it to fire more than once ever. Save your money.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I've never used one, but it is legal.

There is only 1 shot from 1 depression of the trigger.
    It's a fine line. Any modification to the trigger to allow such action can be considered illegal. They are very hit/miss about what is and isn't illegal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just remember that whatever mood the ATF is in they can make a case that you have an unregistered machine gun. Just like when they declared that a shoestring used for "bump firing" is considered a machine gun. :rolleyes:

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I purchased one for my Ruger 10/22. Scratched up my trigger guard and cut the heck out of my finger. IMHO JUNK.:twocents:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Didn't a bumpfire get that guy busted and jailed in Wisconsin?

it may be legal, but it's too fine a line for me to go near.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    It's a fine line. Any modification to the trigger to allow such action can be considered illegal. They are very hit/miss about what is and isn't illegal.
    No it isn't a very fine line. It is a simple matter of the english language and they are perfectly legal. One shot fired for one depression of the trigger. No hit or friggin' miss about it. Honestly though, there really isn't any need for one since none of them work any better than a simple rubber band and IMO even that isn't needed to bump fire. Bump firing is an okay thing to do for the experience of knowing how in case a spray and pray scenario ever does occur, but other than that is merely a HUGE waste of ammo and money.
    Didn't a bumpfire get that guy busted and jailed in Wisconsin?
    If you refer to the case I think you do, no. That was a modified weapon built by someone that didn't really know what he was doing and fired by another person that had no business owning it.

On a side note....I scared the living bejeesus out of the range master at an indoor range in MN last winter bumpfiring one of my AKs. It seems as though he thought it was a full auto:ar15::dunno::rockwoot:

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    #1 reason Bump fails for people is not pushing forward hard enough. Don't ease into it - and get a front grip. If you don't have one, or can't get one for your rifle, you can wrap the sling around your left hand. Can slso be done with a pistol using both hands. Your strong hand to push, and your weaker thumb to hold the grigger.

Rubber bands do help. Place one end around the trigger, loop around the outside the front of the trigger guard, back around behind the trigger and full circle around the front of the trigger guard and loop the end back around the back of the trigger.

Makes for a cool party trick. 100% legal. 1,000% freaking awesome with a saiga 12.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Used to own a Hellfire trigger system. Sucked.

I received a visit from the Indiana Conservation Police last summer while bump firing my AK. Someone called me in for full auto. He apparently sat down the road a bit until he heard it, then he pulled in behind me. He asked to take a look at the rifle, and after determining it was fine, he split.

Top Bottom