• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well...

I got everything but the adapter to mount my PVS-14 to my rhino mount. So, I'm just wearing my helmet around the house. My wife is making fun of me because I'm wearing it while watching TV.

The nicest thing is the adjustable tension Gizmo. I can pretty much lock it on my head without using the chin strap.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yep and they make great skydiving, biking, and white water rafting helmets as well as NV platforms. I like them better than the opscore mostly just the boa system. I have friends with opscore helmets that swapped out their occ dial with the boa. Mtek makes a neat one too but I don’t think it has any stabilization system like the opscore or the team Wendy. I’ve used opscore maritime/bump, team Wendy bump/exfil, and I’ve tried Mteks bump and ballistic m. They all have pluses and minuses

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I had an old pair of Smith optics boogie straps which is essentially shock cord and a piece of Velcro. I ran the cord through the 14 and then just slap the Velcro to either the Mohawk or side ID Velcro. Works quite well. I think someone that sponsors garland thumb makes something similar for purchase. It’s like a CR123 Velcro battery holder that has a shock cord that runs to your NV

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Check trex-arms. They sell it, but you can make it yourself, or by a smith optics strap kit for 1/2 the price for the same thing.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks like he got it already on the trex arms thing. I think it would be super useful depending on what else you've got on your helmet. If you don't need battery storage something else would work fine. One of mine is on a g24 that I haven't decided how I'll secure for good yet because it also has a mohawk and holds batteries so I don't need any more batteries I don't think. The other helmet doesn't have a mohawk and is on a rhino and it'll probably get one of the velcro straps that'll hold batteries but for now it just has a loose piece of cord it's tied off with.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Anyone using a safety strap on their pvs-14? Got pics?

Home made. I took the female QD sling "cup" off of a Magpul stock, added a washer to the OEM shroud bolt and...

The elastic shock cord takes the last bit of wiggle out of the system

An unexpected benefit is that it also works on the rare occasion when the PVS-14 is mounted on a carbine.

Last edited:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Home made. I took the female QD sling "cup" off of a Magpul stock, added a washer to the OEM shroud bolt and...

The elastic shock cord takes the last bit of wiggle out of the system

An unexpected benefit is that it also works on the rare occasion when the PVS-14 is mounted on a carbine.

Genius. Why didn’t I think of that.

Top Bottom