Bump in the night...where's your firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Where is your firearm?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    Rifle by the bed, Marine Ka-Bar on the nightstand, rifle in my closet, shotgun with birdshot first 2 shells last 3 buckshot behind bedroom door..... All within maybe 15 feet of each other

I'm not paranoid.... I least I don't think I am lol

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I should add that my wife has a 1911, land line, and cell phone within arms reach as well.

Her job is to get on the horn with 911 operator (if necessary, such as if the house alarm is actually going off) and hunker down and defend her position.

Mine is to find out what the bump was and make sure our kids are ok on the other side of the house.

Had to run the drill twice so far. Both were thankfully false alarms, but were very real at that time.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I voted for option number one as that is closest to what I do. My pistol is in a holster that is attached to the side of the nite stand next to the bed. It is not visible unless you know where to look, and you also need to be in position to see it. It is within very easy reach.

If the intruder is not already in sight, I'll get my AR which is also nearby and ready to go.

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    chezuki: I forgot about the roof option...sorry. This is just an honest non-personal way to find out what the majority is doing. If you keep yours in a jell-o mold hanging right above your head by fishing line with several hungry pit-bulls walking around the bed...I didn't think to add that as a vote. I do appreciate your comments though!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    chezuki: I forgot about the roof option...sorry. This is just an honest non-personal way to find out what the majority is doing. If you keep yours in a jell-o mold hanging right above your head by fishing line with several hungry pit-bulls walking around the bed...I didn't think to add that as a vote. I do appreciate your comments though!!

Alrighty then.

You listed 4 very specific options in your poll and then complained because people weren't voting. :dunno:

FWIW I have a bookcase headboard with my carry gun on the shelf right by my head, and a loaded 870 leaning against the side of the headboard.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom