Bump in the night...where's your firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Where is your firearm?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    That's a VERY good idea...

I'm not going to reveal on a public website what I've got and where it is.

That's a good thought Mango..Heck nobody around here has any guns+are looking for ones to "Pick Up"...

Can you tell us where you live??? Keep your gun location secret...Bill.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Needs more options....

I keep two within arms reach.

Certainly not paranoid either. They're there every night and it's second nature to make sure of their location before I shut my eyes.

FiReBReTHa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    not my image, (too tired to grab one)

SecureLogic-Biometric-Wall-safe.gif

Securelogic safe. One downside is the beeps when hitting each key is loud.

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    AR15 with Eotech sight and 30 round mag within reach. Load bearing vest hanging ready to put on 4' away. The LBV is loaded with 10 30 round mags, Glock 22 in holster and 4 extra mags, and 12" combat knife. Night vision device 7' away along with mag light. Everything is placed between me and the door so I can pick up each piece as I go toward the door of my room. Gas mask within reach of bed. My room is a bunker, 12" concrete block walls filled with fiber reinforced concrete and re bar. 12" fiber reinforced concrete with re bar roof. Shooting port from room aimed directly toward the basement door to outside. Shooting port is located so I can set up in bed and cover the door. I am not paranoid, I was/am an Eagle scout and the Boy scout motto of always be prepared is a way of life. Or atleast I try to be ready for everything.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    AR15 with Eotech sight and 30 round mag within reach. Load bearing vest hanging ready to put on 4' away. The LBV is loaded with 10 30 round mags, Glock 22 in holster and 4 extra mags, and 12" combat knife. Night vision device 7' away along with mag light. Everything is placed between me and the door so I can pick up each piece as I go toward the door of my room. Gas mask within reach of bed. My room is a bunker, 12" concrete block walls filled with fiber reinforced concrete and re bar. 12" fiber reinforced concrete with re bar roof. Shooting port from room aimed directly toward the basement door to outside. Shooting port is located so I can set up in bed and cover the door.

MIKE-OSCAR-MIKE, the basement is secure!! :D

AirsoftKid.JPG

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    one hand gun under my pillow,second next to the bed and shot gun under the bed.

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    If I hear a bump in the night, it's in my hand. Before that there's a G26 on the night stand and an 870 with #1 buck under the bed.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While not quite under my pillow with my hand on it, there is at least one handgun with spare mag ( or speed loader) within inches of my head, and usually a long gun (typically a shotgun) less than a few feet away. The wife is sleeps with a similar setup on her side of the bed as well.

Depending on my current work schedule and hunting season there may be a few other options within a few steps of the bed as well, as I tend to leave out guns that I am working up loads for, or taking out for hunting on a daily basis if there is going to be someone home throughout the day.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Unloaded and far enough away that I might as well not even own it.

Don't ask, it's a touchy point of contention at present between the better half and me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom