• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hot off the press/tv...Michael Phelps is set to swim against a great White for shark week.
    I believe they are touting he can swim at 6 mph and his adversary the shark up to 30 mph.

As much as some might enjoy seeing that idiot consumed by an apex marine predator, I think it would be unfair to the shark to give him indigestion just for our amusement. Stupid people taste bad and how is a shark going to get the bong to pass through his system?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    https://www.thoughtco.com/how-fast-can-a-shark-swim-2291556
    The general rule of thumb is that sharks can cruise at about 5 mph (8 kph), the speed of the fastest Olympic swimmer. If you're just a good swimmer, they have you beat. But often they are swimming around at a slower speed of about 1.5 mph (2.4 kph).
    But sharks can swim much faster when they are attacking, about 12 mph or 20 kph, the speed of a running human on land. You're not going to be able to swim away fast enough, you'd need a boat or jet ski or some other equipment.
    [h=3]Fastest Shark Shortfin Mako Swims 31 mph[/h]

I recall that various navies have engineered transportation devices throughout modern history that would appear like a torpedo and a motorcycle got together in a dark room. Such a conveyance would seem the next best thing to being out of the water altogether at a time like this.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Couldn't help noticing that the perp who has now assumed room temperature had a lengthy arrest and conviction record, with multiple stays in the old Graybar Hotel, even being out on parole for a scant ten months at the time he assumed his current temp.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    So when she hears the doorbell I understand going to check it out, but she heard them kick in the door and still went to investigate? Unarmed?

Think the guy shot his buddy out of fear of the homeowner. She is one bad lady to head toward the sound and then yell at them. I am kind of afraid just to be typing about her...

Top Bottom