• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    So last weekend I finally had a chance to shoot my AR with its new scope mounted in a Burris PEPR QD mount. The scope worked well, had a slight problem with the mount. It was nice and tight on the rail, but after the first couple shots the front of it came a little loose. It still stayed on the rifle no problem, I don't think it affected accuracy too much, but I'm wondering if anyone has used this mount and had this problem. Is there a way to tighten up the connection so it doesn't come loose?

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    It's a little loose right by the front lever

Are those the wheels on the opposite side that look like they're connected to the levers? I can't figure out how to get those to move

Open the mount and push it in towards the nut then turn the nut.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    RGriff has it.

Don't go too tight. I've got a very similar American Defense mount, and the only thing I don't like about it is the adjustment is with hex nuts, so you have to go 1/6 turn at a time, I'd like mine a shade tighter, but an extra flat is too much, though I don't seem to have any zero trouble yet, but only shot maybe 100 rounds through it in 3 different sessions.

Looking at the Burris mount for my 10/22 build, but afraid it might be a little on the high side...

Top Bottom