• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Bushmaster 30 round magazine for my new AR. I haven't had a chance to fire the weapon or use the magazine beyond loading the magazine. The stock mag that came with the AR (Olympic Arms) loaded fine, but I thought I'd never get the Bushmaster loaded! The rounds seem to be catching on something and don't want to slide all the way back to the back of the mag. They catch badly about 3/8" of an inch short of reaching the back of the mag and take a lot of force with something harder than my fingers to go all the way in. I looked very closely with plenty of light and I can't see where the round may be catching. I also noticed that the edges of the mouth of the mag are very sharp, and that when I slide a round forward, simulating the bcg stripping off a round, the case catches on the lip of the mag and stops there. Getting the edge of the case past the sharp edge then allows the case to catch at the taper on the neck of the case.
    I used a very fine file and smoothed the forward lip a little and it seemed to help. I will have to fire it and see if I need more work on it.
    Has anyone else found this problem with a Bushmaster mag, or other manufacturer?
    Any help is appreciated.

Top Bottom