• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've posted part III to the multi-part series where I'm comparing the ACR to the SCAR 16s.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ipQFO0h6c]YouTube - SCAR vs ACR Part III[/ame]

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Nice review, Thanks for passing the pin trick to others. I cannot believe that bushmaster tech support hasn't figured that out, or that it was not an issue during R & D

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Ive sent a stop and desist order out on you.... you must stop posting these as I really want an ACR enhanced version in FDE !!! ;)

Seriously though, great reviews and tips.... keep them coming !!!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I couldn't wait for your final conclusions; I ordered an ACR for myself yesterday. ;)

Great job as always; have fun on vacation!
    Thanks. :)

I think you'll enjoy the ACR. Right now I slightly favor the SCAR, I still have a thing for the ACR. There's a lot to like about the rifle.

One other quirk I didn't mention in the video that bugs me, because I'm funny like this, is that the ACR flings it's spent cases back in such a way they hit the receiver. The port buffer doesn't prevent this on my rifle, so I am getting chips in the paint just behind the ejection port. It's probably made worse by the fact I'm shooting Wolf (steel cases). I have a couple of strips of black electrical tape back there now to prevent further damage. You can see it in the video.

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Thanks. :)

I think you'll enjoy the ACR. Right now I slightly favor the SCAR, I still have a thing for the ACR. There's a lot to like about the rifle.

One other quirk I didn't mention in the video that bugs me, because I'm funny like this, is that the ACR flings it's spent cases back in such a way they hit the receiver. The port buffer doesn't prevent this on my rifle, so I am getting chips in the paint just behind the ejection port. It's probably made worse by the fact I'm shooting Wolf (steel cases). I have a couple of strips of black electrical tape back there now to prevent further damage. You can see it in the video.

Like this?

IMG_20110226_111233.jpg

Those are beauty marks, :)

Believe it or not, I get the same fling if not a bit worse, with brass cased ammo (especially xm193)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom