• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sort of... some cool animations and a countdown clock to the SHOT Show.

Bushmaster Presents - ACR

ACR_countdown.jpg

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Found out some interesting facts about the ACR lower receiver. The lower receiver itself will NOT have the serial number on it like the AR15's do now. Since the FCG is completely removable as a unit it is the piece that will have the serial number or so I'm told. This will allow the end user to switch out lowers very easily. The reason that is important is because if you look at the way the grip is setup now it's all one piece with the lower receiver and you can't change grips...so since this is magpuls baby I'm sure soon after release they will be advertising new lowers with changeable grips.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The lower receiver itself will NOT have the serial number on it like the AR15's do now. Since the FCG is completely removable as a unit it is the piece that will have the serial number or so I'm told.

You are partially correct; it's the upper receiver that is the serial numbered part. That allows the lower receiver/magwell and trigger pack (the ACR uses AR trigger components) to be changed at will, lending to the design's versatility.
    SerialNumber.jpg

This will allow the end user to switch out lowers very easily. The reason that is important is because if you look at the way the grip is setup now it's all one piece with the lower receiver and you can't change grips...so since this is magpuls baby I'm sure soon after release they will be advertising new lowers with changeable grips.

An optional aluminum lower that accepts AR pistol grips and trigger guards has already been shown, and a lower with an AK-74 style magwell was featured on the Masada testbed. IMO, you're not buying this rifle just to have an expensive new 5.56 thrower; you're buying it for its potential. I only hope that BM, Magpul or a third party steps up to make sure those additional components get developed. I understand that a 6.8 conversion will become available soon after the 5.56 guns, but hopefully a 5.45/AK mag option is still in the stars.

Top Bottom