• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I went to Cabelas in Hammond today and the price is $699. Is this gun worth it? Anyone know anything about? I went to the Bushmaster site and it says NEW, I think it is a superlight. Any information will be appreciated. I plan on using it for plinking and light duty,:dunno:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I went to Cabelas in Hammond today and the price is $699. Is this gun worth it? Anyone know anything about? I went to the Bushmaster site and it says NEW, I think it is a superlight. Any information will be appreciated. I plan on using it for plinking and light duty,:dunno:
    I paid a little less than that for my Bushmaster Carbon 15 but it didn't come with a scope.
    The one you're looking at is the "new" model if it has the Forward Bolt Assist, and the Ejection Port cover.
    I've only put about 200 rds through mine but it has been flawless so far. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My brother has one. It is very light weight. Other carbon models have had problems in the past, but from what I've read Bushmaster has made several improvements in theirs.
    My brother hasnt had any problems. We've shot the hell outta it. And he loves his.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Bushmaster took the old Carbon 15s and improved on them. If you like really light ARs, you will like the Bushmaster Carbon.

I have one of the very first Carbon 15s and it was really nice until last time I had it out and the bolt split in half. Guessing that happened with somewhere between 3000 and 4000 rounds through it. Intend to install an new bolt and continue having fun.

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    UncleMike: It does have the Forward Bolt Assist and the Ejection Port Cover.

Thanks to all who have replied so far.:ar15:

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    I used a Carbon-15 stripped Upper Receiver to build my ultra lightweight AR. I cannot speak for complete Carbon-15 rifles but the stripped Upper has worked well on my gun.

magpul 2.jpg

Top Bottom