• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A seriously good friday night. The girlfriend is working late. Got home and popped in a 007 dvd and poured a few ounces of Ireland's best.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The family and I went to the Charlestown Pizza Company and had great food!! and their selection of beers is great!, had a vanilla stout, and a Delerium Tremens Belgian ale!!..oh and a great sandwich....on some sort of bread too, from what I remember....he he he.... Bushmills...wahooo!

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love cold pizza, and Goldfinger is probably my favorite 007 movie. With the possible exception of Diamonds are Forever. Which was the first one I saw in the big screen. Loved the Mustang on two wheels, Bambi & Thumper and the other two Henchmen who's names escape me. Also because it took me years to realize Willard White was supposed to be Howard Hughes. I was only 10 or 11 when Diamonds came out. Barley knew who Hughes was.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Sure and that would be Jameson's, me boy.

Erin go bragh!

Both wrong, Powers 12 Year Old Special Reserve. It out sells Jamison in Ireland. I cannot find it around here, so I usually bring back a half dozen bottles from Ireland. I'm down to my last bottle. ROAD TRIP TIME:buddies:
    (unless someone knows where I can find the 12 year old stuff around here)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    See when you said goldfinger I thought you were talking about some choice mid 90's third wave Ska.
    But, 007 is fine too.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I love Bushmills always have, but I am also partial to bourbon. Some years ago I found a little known bourbon called Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey. It comes in an old timey looking oval bottle with raised glass lettering and a cork stopper. It looks like the kinda bottle you would see Rooster Cogburn pulling the cork out of with his teeth. Which indecently is what first caught my eye. It isn't hard to find in the liquor store but mostly non existent in bars and restaurants. It is wonderful hands down far better than Makers Mark or Wild Turkey. Bulleit Bourbon is very smooth and in my opinion probably the best bourbon it its price range. It you get a chance you definitely need to try it...
    Bulleit.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, I'll weigh in on this one. Bulleit is good bourbon. In it's price range you should also give the Elijah Craig 12 year old a try. But Wild Turkey is under-appreciated. Jimmy Russell is a genius - he just likes a touch more rye in his mashbill than most. As for Irish whiskey, if you wish to treat your tastebuds without breaking the bank, give Redbreast a try.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Don't get me wrong, I love the bourbon too. My extended family's one claim to fame is that the Reverend Elijah Craig is like my great, great, great, something grand father.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Whisky was perfected in Scotland long ago.

Whiskey (the correct spelling) was introduced to Scotland by the Irish. (In exchange, Ireland received a bunch of my ancestors from Scotland. I'm not sure who got the better end of that deal. :D )

Top Bottom