• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    A friend is wanting a Busse or a Swamp Rat, where could he pick one up at? I know he wants at least 5in or longer. thanks.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    A friend is wanting a Busse or a Swamp Rat, where could he pick one up at? I know he wants at least 5in or longer. thanks.

You can buy directly from Busse off of their website or go to the Indy 1500 (next Indy 1500 is Aug. 26, 27, & 28) and hit up Mike (Busse Dealer), he usually has a nice selection of Busse knives.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Btw, I'm selling my mini mojo. It's got a 6 3/4" blade. Pm me if interested.
    IMAG0332.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    As bobbystone has said, the Busse exchange on bladeforums, also the want to buy section of BF works well too.

And as Brad said, Mike should be at the next 1500, and usually has a variety.

But... if your "friend" (it's okay to want one :D) can make it to Knob Creek, Busse brings tons of knives down there, with a good selection of all 3 brands and a nice range of custom shop pieces to plain combat grade.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    The Ratmandu is a great knife but it's saying out of stock again. The Rodent Solution is an awesome knife but it's a little smaller than he's wanting.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have heard of Scapyard, don't know really anything about them but but my buddy wants either a Busse or Swamp Rat. He really likes my Ratweiler so he wants one. Now he said that he didn't realize how much they cost and he thought I was blowing smoke when I told him how much mine cost.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    I have heard of Scapyard, don't know really anything about them but but my buddy wants either a Busse or Swamp Rat. He really likes my Ratweiler so he wants one. Now he said that he didn't realize how much they cost and he thought I was blowing smoke when I told him how much mine cost.

There is also a new 5" Scrapyard coming out this week. It's priced under $100, so maybe that would fit your buddy's budget better. Its also out of the same steel as the Swamprat, so that's a big plus as well.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    There is also a new 5" Scrapyard coming out this week. It's priced under $100, so maybe that would fit your buddy's budget better. Its also out of the same steel as the Swamprat, so that's a big plus as well.
    So is there anything wrong with SR-77 steel? Not starting anything but, but is SR-101 better than SR-77

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My understanding is SR101 is a modified 52100 "ball bearing steel", where as the SR77 is modified S7 "jack hammer steel". SR77 is considered by some as a little tougher steel, and the 101 has a little better edge retention. Both are ridiculously awesome, and are going to hold up to any abuse you throw there way.

Top Bottom