• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone else experienced this? Almost all my T-Shirts have small holes in them on my weapon side. I have tried many different holsters but always have the same problem. I feel like I'm alone here. If im not how do I beat this problem. As a side note I'm not new to carrying and have used IWB OWB abd everything in between.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have a collection of shirts with holes along the left side where I carry my knife clipped to my pocket.
    I'll walk into tables etc. and the shirt gets cut by being smashed against the clip.

I carry IWB typically at 4 o'clock so no problems on that side.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I could see that happening if my shirt accidentally fell over the gun, concealing it from view.

When you notice this has happened, just tuck the shirt back between you and the gun to keep it from rubbing. ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No, I've never worn a hole in my shirt by carrying. Are we talking undershirts or outer wear t-shirts here?

If undershirts, try a holster with a skin guard. Like this: Down Under Straps

If outer wear, try to have your gun de-burred (melt job, whatever they call it today). What kind of gun? Giant exposed hammer, perhaps?

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    ...being dressed makes a good impression.

Yes. It certainly does. It also keeps one from being arrested for being nude in public (Or whatever charge is used for this).

Plus, I'm with Printcraft. I dress for myself, and if others don't like it, tuff tookies!

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't cover my gun first of all, I'm not opposed to someone carrying concealed, but I am not one to practice it. I don't have any hole worn in my shirts other than where I run into stuff.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yup, I see that all over in todays society, really to bad IMO. Another case of the downfall of America, IMO of course.

WoW! I looked at all the available Smilies, and couldn't find one that said what I wanted to say.

So, I'll just be quiet and sit over here in the corner and drink some coffee.

Have a nice day, Everyone!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't wear "T" shirts in public. I wear button shirts, being dressed makes a good impression.

I find being nice to people makes a good impression for the most part, no matter what I am wearing. I also find that I don't really care about the opinions of people who care what I am wearing.

I'm beyond caring what other people think for the most part....... :D

Right there with you, especially when it comes to them caring about what I am wearing, etc.

As far as the OPs original question, I carry a Glock, IWB, in the 5:30 or so position and have never had it cause any clothing wear. What kind of sights do you have on that thing? That's the only part I could see having any kind of an edge to possibly wear a shirt from contact.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yup, I see that all over in todays society, really to bad IMO. Another case of the downfall of America, IMO of course.

The rise of the single parent family, overall decline in morals, the everybody is a winner mentality... all cases of the downfall of America IMO. Wearing a t-shirt in public, not so much.

Top Bottom