• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I own a Ruger LCP 380 and I love it. I have noticed an issue lately and wanted to know if anyone else has had the same issue. I carry the gun in my hip pocket and several times when I take it out of the pocket the magazine is partially ejected. Apparently I am butt ejecting the button and causing the mag to partially eject. If I needed the gun in an emergency encounter I would only be able to fire one round (the one in the chamber). I find this to be a possible large problem. I am carrying it in an Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster which conceals the trigger well but somehow I am ejecting the mag. Anyone having the same issues or maybe a solution? :xmad:

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I own a Ruger LCP 380 and I love it. I have noticed an issue lately and wanted to know if anyone else has had the same issue. I carry the gun in my hip pocket and several times when I take it out of the pocket the magazine is partially ejected. Apparently I am butt ejecting the button and causing the mag to partially eject. If I needed the gun in an emergency encounter I would only be able to fire one round (the one in the chamber). I find this to be a possible large problem. I am carrying it in an Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster which conceals the trigger well but somehow I am ejecting the mag. Anyone having the same issues or maybe a solution? :xmad:

Carry it somewhere else?

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I would suggest a better holster first of all. I have found that with holsters there is a pretty good correlation near 1:1 for price paid vs usability and quality.

aka you get what you pay for. If a better pocket holster doesn't suffice, look into another carry option. If this is a recurrent problem, you'd be better off carrying a sharp stick you could rely on rather than a gun you can't.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had one holster I had to put a cutout on to keep it from ejecting the mag, but I use the wrong hand and I don't think they'd figured on that feature when they made it. The IWB I use now is rigid enough I haven't had an issue.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I used to have that happen with my P32, until I shaved down the magazine release a bit. I went slowly as to not make it unusable, but I have had no issue since.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't recall having ever ejected a magazine from my butt. Then again, I don't recall having ever swallowed a magazine. :n00b:

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Have a pocket holster from crossbreed on order. Kydex and leather. I hope it is an improvement from my current back pocket holster. I love rear pocket carry, could not imagine caring any other way.

pocket-rockit-main.png

Top Bottom