• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    There's another one I don't quite get.. Throwing Stars?? Honestly?? Other than in a ninja movie, I've yet to see anybody hurt anybody with a throwing star. James Bond could hit somebody with a knife, but the majority of those out there that try and throw a knife end up with a clean targ. worries with this guy :P

back in the early to mid 80's sword & knife shops opened up in a lot of malls..
    butterfly knives, thrown knives, stars & all sorts of stuff like that became common in the pockets of teens.. When I was 16 i had a butterfly knife & stars..
    yes people got injured with them. most were accendental , some were not..
    I have seen a star thrown in a fight and injured someone... not as much as a knife would, or a gun.. but it sure check the guys advance....

after a large # of injuries lawmakers moved to outlaw such weapons...

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Maybe I'm just too "backwoods" to see the point.. I remember knife shops in the malls back in Ohio, but it was mostly swords (that were junk) and Rambo-style survival knives (majority junk, others good but pricey)

I remember kids at the schools having ninja stars, but they were laughed at quite a bit.. but we were all farmers and rednecks, knowing we could do a whole lot more damage with a good hammer or a pitchfork..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The real benefit of a "buttefly knife" is that they can be really strong (when well made) compared to any other kind of folding knife mechanism. Once they are open, they're essentially a fixed blade knife. That does not apply to cheaply made "toys."

Helrazr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Had a feller tell me the other week that carrying a butterfly knife was illegal...

And I called him on it "The Indiana Code makes no provisions for, or against, possession or carrying of any knives but automatics."

He told me that they were legal to possess, but not legal to carry.

I say "BS"

What say you?

-J-

PS, this was a small (and very new) gunshop owner in Ft. Wayne (in a shopping center near Jefferson and Getz...found it by going around construction on Getz)

I don't know the answer to this question, but what I will tell you is to take anything that Russ (owner of Ranger Supply, gun store in question) says with a grain of salt. I've known him for a while, and while he has quite a knowledge base, there's normally a lot of rhetoric and personal opinion sprinkled in with it, thus making it difficult to determine what is fact, and what is B.S.

Top Bottom