• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    I think I know the answer, but want to be sure. I shot a button buck thinking it was a doe. Does it count against my buck tag? I don't think so but know there are more knowledgeable people here. Thanks

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    It's based on antlers not sex. I'm on a tablet, give me a minute to look it up for the exact wording.
    Edit:An antlered deer must have at least one antler that is at least 3 inches long.
    http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/deer-regulations/

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Thanks you guys, I read that, but I have heard of people being ticketed for not doing the paper work right. Right now my wife is calling it the 500 dolllar deer, 3 days off work, 2 deer bundle license (me and grandson) and processing. She would kill me if I got a ticket too.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It's based on antlers not sex. I'm on a tablet, give me a minute to look it up for the exact wording.
    Edit:An antlered deer must have at least one antler that is at least 3 inches long.
    http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/deer-regulations/
    :dunno:
    How many female deer have you seen with antlers? I know it has happened but is rare. Ive never seen one. So yeah it IS partially based on sex. The deer has to have atleast 3 inches of antler to count against a buck tag....but its gonna be a MALE....unless you are 1 in xxx,xxx people that actually see a doe with antlers. I like splitting hairs...it entertains me! :p

Why waste a tag on a "deer"(yearling or younger) that still has milk dripping from its lips?

Top Bottom