• ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hey INGO,

I recently became a hobbyist offering buck strops here knife strops. I've sold way more than I thought I would so thank you very much for the support. At this point, I already feel like giving back.

So, I am offering a raffle to win your choice of an ESEE Izula or an ESEE Candiru!! The winner will get to choose which model they want as well as the color (provided knifelady has it in stock).

Here's a couple stock photos. Please note, the handles in the candiru pic are not included.

310c1413f3f6095071eb10bc1662c7af_zps1740d4a3.jpg

d57c170ff7bb837f9756520582733003_zpsf0b7a00c.jpg

The contest will end on Friday, May 17 where I will announce the winner in this thread.

How to enter:

Simple, purchase one of my strops and you will be entered in for the chance to win. The number of entries will depend on which strops you buy and how many. The break down is as follows:

Purchase The Spike (1.5x5.5) and get 1 entry into the drawing

Purchase The Brute (1.5x10) and get 2 entries into the drawing

Purchase The Hoss (3x5.5) and get 2 entries into the drawing

Purchase The Bruiser (3x10) and get 4 entries into the drawing

Combo purchases will also earn more entries. Example: buying a Spike and a Brute will earn 3 entries into the drawing.

If you already purchased a strop, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY IN!

Check out my sig line for the ad in the knife classifieds for how to order :rockwoot:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Kudos to you for the giveaway!! And for the strops, though I haven't gotten serious with them yet!

No time like the present :D

Good luck in the drawing bro! If you win, are you gonna keep it or have the boys battle it out to see who gets a new ESEE? I'm seeing a really sick obstacle course in their future :):

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I'm in. I've wanted a Candiru for a while as well as a strop. Sign me up for the hoss. I'm going to bed but I will send you a message with my address in the morning. If all else fails, I will at least have a strop to keep my Pocket Pickle in line. :)

Thanks for the contest!

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    The strops Rock! Maybe a little too much. I sharpened my Izula II so well that I gashed my finger open and didn't realize it until I'd bled all over the equipment I was working with.

Great product from a great site supporter! Way to go Buckstopshere!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Very nice! I use my strop every week. I love it!

That's perfect man. Regularly stropping your blade will always keep it sharp and keep it off the sharpener which then extends the life of your blade. Right on brother! :yesway:

The strops Rock! Maybe a little too much. I sharpened my Izula II so well that I gashed my finger open and didn't realize it until I'd bled all over the equipment I was working with.

Great product from a great site supporter! Way to go Buckstopshere!

Yeah, sorry to hear about that. I hate when that happens but on the bright side, at least a razor sharp blade doesn't hurt nearly as much to cut yourself with.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. In looking at your strop, I think you're ready for a reload or a new one. ......More to come on the reload in the not too distant future :cool:

YAY! I'm in for 3 entries due to my previous purchase! Thanks (are you sure you want to run this for a whole month???? It lessens my chances!) J/K. Thanks for the awesome chance to win a quality blade!

LOL, I'm hoping that the group buy ESEE knives will be in by then (not rushing you Knifelady :D) and this izula/candiru will make a great pairing with a 3/4 that one of you guys in the group buy bought. If you weren't in the group buy, then you still get an awesome ESEE knife....for free! :yesway:

:D Great idea.

Thanks Sheila. I'm still working on getting some stock to you and Brad. As soon as they're made they're gone. Not complaining at all :D but still need to get moving on some stock.

Awesome JD! Thanks for doing this.

You're very welcome! If this works out, I'll do one of these once a quarter! :eek:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am happy for you that people are using your product and verifying how well it works and how well it is made. Keep up the good work and if you can have some made and get to us by the June 1500 that would be great.:D

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I've never been a knife guy. The nicest knife I've ever owned is a Buck my step father gave me.

Things have recently changed and I will hopefully be holding a Cassel knife soon (and hopefully a candiru when I win this drawing. :D ) and in preparation I purchased the Hoss. While patiently awaiting the arrival of the Pocket Pickle, I decided to strope (auto correct tried to change strope to stroke..... Bahahahahaha) my Lee Williams Design Kershaw. Wow.

I mainly use this knife at work which doesn't involve much cutting outside of plastic wrapping and a few cardboard boxes at home. The blade would likely be much sharper had I not used it to practice my sharpening skills..... They are considerably better now than they were when I started. :)

Anywho..... My blade was sharp enough for its destine purpose but after a few mintues of stroping, she was bright and shiny. Out of curiosity I tried to shave my arm hair. My arm could now pass for a child's.

I guess I could have simply said that these things work.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I've never been a knife guy. The nicest knife I've ever owned is a Buck my step father gave me.

Thing have recently changed and I will hopefully be holding a Cassel knife soon (and hopefully a candiru when I win this drawing. :D ) and in preparation I purchased the Hoss. While patiently awaiting the arrival of the Pocket Pickle, I decided to strope (auto correct tried to change strope to stroke..... Bahahahahaha) my Lee Williams Design Kershaw. Wow.

I mainly use this knife at work which doesn't involve much cutting outside of plastick wrapping and a few cardboard boxes at home. The blade would likely be much sharper had I not used it to practice my sharpening skills..... They are considerably better now than they were when I started. :)

Anywho..... My blade was sharp enough for its destine purpose but after a few mintues of stroping, she was bright and shiny. Out of curiosity I tried to shave my arm hair. My arm could now pass for a child's.

I guess I could have simply said that these things work.

:laugh: I had to go back and edit my classified post. It said "Buck Strokes Here" :laugh: AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT, sure as hell don't nobody want to see that!

Thanks so much for the story. I love hearing them. Let us know how the pocket pickle turns out.

The best thing about shaving your arm hair is that it grows back.....so you can shave it again :D

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    OK, I gotta get in on a strop here. Only decent knives I have are 2 Chinese Kershaws, but I gotta take care of them, right? :D

Love the one your with or something like that :D

For the record, I have a cheap S&W folder. I stropped it really not thinking it would be razor sharp. I went to shave some hair on my leg (arm was running thin :D) and cut the heck out of myself. It sharpened right the heck up.

Point being, you'll be amazed at how sharp your Chinese Kershaws will become.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I ordered 2 Bruisers today. Can't wait to get them next week. I have several knives to strop and will soon have an auto knife. I'll try to place an order next week but I suspect it will take a little time for the new law to promulgate to the online retailers that they are legal in IN.

Top Bottom