• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't notice any protests mentioned in that article. Who's going to enforce it, I wonder? A new agency? Or those that already exist? Glad I don't live there anymore. I wonder how they'll handle mail order?

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Ahnold said:
    Moreover, this type of record keeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine.

In other words, this is okay, because it's no more stupid, overbroad, and draconian than the stupid, overbroad, draconian cold-medicine laws?!?

In other words, "We've already gone stupid on so many things that we may as well be consistently stupid"?!?

In other words, "Government has grown so big and out-of-hand that it can find precedent for any high-handed, tyrannical law it feels like imposing"?!?

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I didn't notice any protests mentioned in that article. Who's going to enforce it, I wonder? A new agency? Or those that already exist? Glad I don't live there anymore. I wonder how they'll handle mail order?

If I read it correctly, it would require all sales be face to face, eliminating mail order of handgun ammunition. I didn't see, but I wonder whos definition of handgun ammo we're talking. This could be applied to almost every caliber, by some theories. I wonder if this will survive the inevitable appelate challenge?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So, you get printed each time you buy a box or make a purchase? Sooooo....some of us are going to get printed 50-100 times a year? Yeah, that seems logical. So much for swinging by the gun shop, pawing some candy I can't afford, shooting the breeze, and leaving with a box of ammo. Oh wait, I don't live in Cali. :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Reason #4,312,445 that I'm glad to be from California and no longer living in California.

Excuse me, I meant Kommiefornia.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure this will solve that pesky problem of criminals obtaining ammunition for their gats.

It worked for meth ingredients.

What a joke.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Horrible. If I recall correctly they signed into law that all bullets must be serial-coded as well. I'm sure they feel much safer.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Good. Glad to hear it. Outlaw it completely. More ammo for the rest of us. Maybe that will driver prices down more quickly.

An added benefit, maybe the people out there will wake up to what they have allowed their government to do to them out there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    **CA ONLY** State passes law requiring ammo purchase resgistration!

I feel so sorry for our fellow CA gun owners. I'm so glad I escaped from that state 5 years ago!
    Governor Signs AB962 Restricting Ammunition
    10/12/09

AB962, the bill that would restrict ammunition sales in California was signed this past evening by Governor Schwarzennegger. The bill will take effect on February 1, 2011. His comments are below:

"To the Members of the California State Assembly: I am signing Assembly Bill 962.
    This measure would require vendors of handgun ammunition to keep a log of information on handgun ammunition sales, store ammunition in a safe and secure manner, and require the face to-face transfer of ammunition sales.

Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder.
    Utilized properly, this type of information is invaluable for keeping communities safe and preventing dangerous felons from committing crimes with firearms.
    Moreover, this type of record keeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine. Unfortunately, even the most successful
    local program is flawed; without a statewide law, felons can easily skirt the record keeping requirements of one city by visiting another. Assembly Bill 962 will fix this problem by
    mandating that all ammunition vendors in the state keep records on ammunition sales.

As Governor, I have sought the appropriate balance between public safety and the right to keep and bear arms. I have signed important public safety measures to regulate the sale and transfer of .50 caliber rifles, instituted the California Firearms License Check program, and promoted the use of microstamping technology in handguns. I have also vetoed many pieces of legislation that sought to place unreasonable restrictions and burdens on firearms dealers and ammunition vendors.
    Assembly Bill 962 reasonably regulates access to ammunition and improves public safety without placing undue burdens on consumers. For these reasons, I am pleased to sign this bill."

Click here to see all bill status updates.

*** CRPA ***

The California Rifle and Pistol Association "CRPA," founded in 1875, is dedicated to defending the rights of law-abiding citizens to responsibly use firearms for self-defense and the defense of their loved ones, for sport, and for all other legal activities. CRPA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. A California non-profit association, CRPA is independently directed by its own Board of Directors. CRPA's members include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, professionals, firearm experts, the general public, and loving parents. CRPA has always worked to reduce the criminal misuse of firearms and firearms accidents, while actively promoting and organizing the competitive shooting sports and Olympic training programs in California. We are proud to say that many CRPA competitors are among the best in the world.

For a list of Assembly&/or Senate members and their contact information, please access them via
    www.sen.ca.gov and www.assembly.ca.gov/acs

Join The CRPA
    Visit our Pending Legislation Page For The Latest Info

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Horrible. If I recall correctly they signed into law that all bullets must be serial-coded as well. I'm sure they feel much safer.

Yes that is correct rambone. That law goes into effect I think 01 Jan 2010 or 2011. Don't recall which one. The law is that all new handguns sold in CA must be able to put a serial number on that ammo casing. Otherwise the handgun can not be sold in CA. Plus let us not forget that only "non-lead" ammo can be sold in CA as well.

So I think it's safe to say that by 2012 the gun industry will be walking out of CA as it will be close to impossible to sell guns legally there. It's a sad day indeed.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    While I agree it is one more reason I'm glad to not live in Kalifornia and glad that us Hoosiers don't have a Hollywood star for a Governor, you can bet that we have our own homegrown anti-gun, liberal politicians that are making note of it. They can't wait to introduce the same type of control here in Indiana so we can be just like them. I've noticed here lately in Fort Wayne's morning newspaper the Journal Gazette more and more that they are printing anti gun editorials. Thankfully we have good, articulate responders writing back refuting them, but we need to keep up the pressure and never let our guard down. :patriot:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The idiotic politicians in California are trying to completely isolate that state from the rest of the United States. It's no wonder their economy is in the crapper. Every piece of BS legislation that is signed costs somebody a bunch of money.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh so true sharpetop. The state for several years now has seen a mass exudos of population and businesses. But hey no biggie accoridng to the 2012 movie we have nothing to worry about since the entire state of CA flips unsidedown and falls into the pacific.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePlE3XoPIQ&feature=fvw[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVi_2lHBVhQ"][/ame]

Last edited:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Me too

So, you get printed each time you buy a box or make a purchase? Sooooo....some of us are going to get printed 50-100 times a year? Yeah, that seems logical. So much for swinging by the gun shop, pawing some candy I can't afford, shooting the breeze, and leaving with a box of ammo. Oh wait, I don't live in Cali. :)

You do that too? I am glad I'm not alone. :+1:

Terry

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Wouldn't it be nice if all firearm owners were to leave commiefornia? At some point you think people would stand up and say "enough", but I guess until there is the great earthquake and people need their firearms for true protection, sheep will go where herded.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've got an easy way around that law. MOVE TF OUT OF CALI!!!! What ignorant people...

Oh, and I resent people calling California KALIfornia. My daughter is not a commie and is very fond of guns. :D Besides, KALI is the name of an ancient Hindu Goddess who's powers were over Maternity and Destruction. Not well fit for the hippie pot smoking Califonians...

Kali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom