• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Over a month ago our neighbors and good friends finally finished their basement. They bought a sectional and some other pieces from Art Van Furniture in Merrillville, IN.....Well I'll just quote her for the story.
    ***BUYERS BEWARE** My Husband and I purchased a sectional couch from Art Van furniture. When they were getting it down to the basement they told me it was a tight squeeze and may scratch the wall, I called Adam and he said tell them try to be careful but understands it may happen. Awhile later they ask me for a hammer, I thought maybe to put the feet on? Then I hear this banging and I turn the corner and they took the hammer to our walls and ceiling!!!! This happened over a month ago and all the while we were told they were going to take care of it, got an email today saying we were on our own! I would never recommend this place to anyone nor will we ever be back. And, thinking about taking legal action at this point.

I am asking that if you have Facebook to please chime in and express your dismay to this company. The first link below is to my neighbors FB post, and the second is to the Art Van page, where a few of us have express disgust.

Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/ruthann.szwetruffle/posts/10153184508986442?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/art.van.furniture/posts_to_page/

12734231_10153184506586442_1113497605958780067_n.jpg

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That stinks. . . . I have bought a few things from them and have been extremely happy. Of course, since I own several trucks I pick up my own stuff.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Call and tell them you want to file an insurance claim on the General liability coverage. They damaged
    your home and the insurance will pay you. The claims guy will pay you for the repairs.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see they responded to the comment on their facebook page. Funny how when you start posting on social media, they answer you and quit blowing you off. Let us know if they actually do anything to correct this.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They made a comment? Looks like they deleted the comments.

This is what has been posted. (Names deleted for privacy) My comment is still there. If there were others, those are gone.

Art Van Furniture Hi XXXXXXXX - this is not at all like Art Van, and it is very surprising to see this! We are sharing this with our service team right now. May we ask the name the purchase was under?

Like · Reply · 1 hr

XXXXXXXX - Funny how fast you get a reaction when it's up on social media, but over the phone you get told to **** off.

Like · Reply · 59 mins

Art Van Furniture Has that been your experience with us? If so, we apologize. It does take longer for our service department, because they have the hard work of researching, contacting vendors and creating solutions!! Our social media job is easier - we just get to talk with our great guests online smile emoticon

Like · Reply · 54 mins

XXXXXXX = It was purchased under XXXXXXX.

Like · Reply · 54 mins

Art Van Furniture Thank you so much XXXXXXX - we'll give this to our service team now. We are under a big snow storm and they may have closed for the night - but we'll follow up with them in the morning. Thank you - and our apology for not getting it right from the start!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Call and tell them you want to file an insurance claim on the General liability coverage. They damaged
    your home and the insurance will pay you. The claims guy will pay you for the repairs.
    Claims were made. First Art Van said they were going to take care of it and needed a quote, after they got the quote they said that they had to file it through the delivery drivers insurance, then they said they weren't covering the damage.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm assuming that the furniture wouldn't fit through the places it had to go to get where the customer wanted. This is certainly an inellegant solution and should be corrected.

Top Bottom