• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everyone save their money.
    Pick up a regular hose nozzle and a hand pump garden sprayer.
    I could not knock down spider webs.
    I tried all setting for pressure and comb spray.
    MY thumb on the open hose end would have been better.

We have never seen an electric unit worth a Poo. Maybe for some minimal work.
    We picked up a gas unit for a pretty fair price 2 years ago on sale. Honda engine on it and all the repair parts are available on line. Not had any issues as yet and we use it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I used to live next door to a snap.on dealer, he said the real money was in selling to "collectors". These were the guys that just had to have that new whiz bang because it was a different color than the original. He sold a LOT of whiz bangs!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First time I ever heard of snap-on tools was when a friend showed me his wrench that broke in half and you could see a huge impurity in the shaft. I dunno. Maybe they’re good at forged tools most of the time?

As CM said everybody puts a turd out the door occasionally, but I assure you most Snap on hand tools will hold up long after most brands have given up the ghost. I abuse my tools and in large part the Snap on stuff never disappoints (some power tools excluded)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Did about 7 or 8 Jeep lift kits.
    Only broke one wrench.........and it was a Snap On.
    They replaced it no prob.

My old Craftsmans didn't break.

They did get stolen though (along w a Jeep).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I stopped by Menards.
    The exact same looking electric power washer color and attachments was on the shelf.
    Well not exactly the same.
    it is now "Craftman's"

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have broken lots of sockets, they usually crack with only a minor sound. I broke a 1/4 inch drive snap on socket, probably 5/16 inside of a tank like structure. When it cracked it sounded like a gunshot and my hand felt like I had an electrical shock.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Many brand names we all perceive as good are just a name that is sold to about anyone that will pay for it. The Schwinn Bicycle Company is long gone but Target pays to put the name on its el-cheapo junk because it helps sell them to grandparents that have nostalgic feelings for a great brand from their youth. RCA, Magnavox, and many others.

In recent years Craftsman have been no better than Harbor Freight. In the 70s Craftsman was, "we have to make them good, they have a lifetime warranty", in the 2000's it changed to, "we have to make them cheap, they have a lifetime warranty".

Top Bottom