• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The reason I did and forever trust a manufacturer.
    In most cases it will be fixed right the first time. If not they will honor the re-repair.
    I will bet everyone out there has taken something to a so-called qualified repair shop.
    You pay a high repair cost. It was returned in the same condition worse.
    Then they want to pay for follow up repairs.
    They look you in the eye and say it is a different problem.

Well I have to eat my own words. I have a problem with my Sig 22 Mosquito.
    Jammed every mag and sometimes 2x.
    Sent it back for re-repair.
    I was told I needed to use GERMAN CCI 40grain ammo.

The owners manual for my Mosquito stated that CCI Mini Mags were required. I used CCI blazer and they worked fine as well. Other ammo choked. The gun had to be cleaned and oiled every couple hundred rounds. I sold it to a friend who likes the gun but he never cleans it and it acts up.

I have taken several guns to gunsmiths and all have returned fine.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Taurus gets volume discount pricing, because all their guns eventually end up making at least one trip to Miami, for warranty work... :abused:

Mine didn't go to Taurus, I opened it up and fixed it myself because of the $90 UPS wanted to ship it. That was after I was on hold to Taurus for 1 hour trying to get a shipping label.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Taurus should have emailed you a shipping label.
    Some 1911's have a hard time with hollow point ammo, not sure if you were having issues with hollow points or not.
    If all else, go to an FFL and have them ship it back for you, much cheaper that way.

Yep, this right here. Either go to an FFL to ship or get the OEM to send you a shipping label.

Let the guy vent. Sometimes we just need to vent to a group that TRIES to understand the frustrations.

FTFY

To the OP, I'd probably be more PO'd at Taurus than FedEx. Taurus is the one that should have told you they could provide a label for $50 or better yet, provided one free.

And yeah, for some things, back to the manufacturer, but for a 1911, I'd probably call AllenM or CM or Squirt239 or one of our other resident smith's to see if they'd work on a Taurus 1911. Would likely be much quicker and probably end up with a better gun than was provided to them.

Hopefully Taurus fixes it up for you. Looking forward to the range report when you get it back.

If it was working fine and now having issues could be as easy as a bunged up extractor.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I sent in a 2nd gen glock as the frame rails were chewed up. My go to FFl shipped it for me at his cost of $19 and some change. I ended up getting a back a new 3rd gen frame, slide, and internals. So 300 for the trade value and the 20 shipping.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Shipping has gotten absurd in the last few years, particularly international shipping. It also makes absolutely not sense.

My fiancee is an author and did a kickstarter for one of her novels. She ended up having a few international folks join in the funding. Unfortunately we found out it costs around $65 to mail a fricking book to Germany. Meanwhile, I can get on AliExpress and order stuff directly from China with free shipping, for stuff that costs me a couple of bucks.

been there done that. 15ish years ago I did a run of screen printed shirts for a car forum I was on and sent a couple to Australia (individually) for under $5 each through USPS. Domestic was a bit more but not much.

Top Bottom