• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I bought 500 rounds from luckygunner.com about 8 months ago, and got a good deal.

It was factory Winchester, but I believe their once-fired brass prices were very slightly cheaper.

Shipped really quick, but I got a ton of junk mail after....

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I'll be looking to sell an oddball amount of .40 S&W rounds soon if you might be interested in some - obviously lower than retail costs.

Got some Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP's and Hornady XTP Critical Defense 165gr JHP's included in these :) Just PM if interested - if not good luck! I use AmmoEngine: .44 Magnum / .44 Remington Magnum, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals ALL THE TIME to find good ammo prices. They don't search absolutely everywhere, but LuckyGunner and CheaperThanDirt are on there and typically host some of the top 5 cheapest deals

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I've been searching tirelessly for several weeks in hopes of finding a deal to stock up on 5k+ rounds. Haven't quite found what I am looking for. I even thought about purchasing much more than that to obtain a quantity discount, in the form of a group buy.

ammunitionplanet sells remanufactured Red Dog for ~$229.00 for 1k rounds (on sale)
    luckygunner always seems to be competitive
    precision cartridge is worth looking into

The problem I have run into is that shipping always kills any deal I find by negating the savings, even with my group buy concept. So, I will continue to look and will report back if I find any killer deals!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I've been searching tirelessly for several weeks in hopes of finding a deal to stock up on 5k+ rounds. Haven't quite found what I am looking for. I even thought about purchasing much more than that to obtain a quantity discount, in the form of a group buy.

ammunitionplanet sells remanufactured Red Dog for ~$229.00 for 1k rounds (on sale)
    luckygunner always seems to be competitive
    precision cartridge is worth looking into

The problem I have run into is that shipping always kills any deal I find by negating the savings, even with my group buy concept. So, I will continue to look and will report back if I find any killer deals!

If you're looking into precision cartridge I could probably help you out a bit with the leg work. I live in NWI, and am in Hobart nearly everyday. I don't want to travel all over the state, but maybe could meet you halfway on 65, and you can distribute it down there. If this came to fruition then I would be in for some ammo as well, since I'm down to about 1k.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    If you're looking into precision cartridge I could probably help you out a bit with the leg work. I live in NWI, and am in Hobart nearly everyday. I don't want to travel all over the state, but maybe could meet you halfway on 65, and you can distribute it down there. If this came to fruition then I would be in for some ammo as well, since I'm down to about 1k.

I appreciate the effort/offer. I was also looking at just purchasing it from Indiana Supply Depot and picking it up from them, but regardless of the logistics, I am still not sure PC is the best option. So far they are in 2nd or 3rd place in terms of bulk pricing. Perhaps I am unrealistic, but I am holding out for that ~$9.50 - $10.00/box price range delivered/picked up, regardless of quantity. The closest I have gotten is about $11.00 before shipping, and then of course shipping ruins everything.

I will certainly let you know!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea I haven't looked around a ton, but I think even if you find somewhere cheaper than PC, that the shipping is going to kill you, and I think that is the biggest when trying to hit that $10/box mark.

Top Bottom