• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would buy a used CZ with CGW trigger job before any new CZ. Trust me try one before you buy anything. There are guys on here that will let you try theirs including me. Be warned once you try it you wont go back!

1. Too late, got another Rami yesterday (Tuesday)!
    2. Range shots coming today later.
    3. I do appreciate the offer, but I'd never put $400 in a CZ b/c I bought a Shadow 2 this summer, so I've already spent the extra $400 in buying that gun (as compared to the $500ish other CZs that I owned this summer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    3. I do appreciate the offer, but I'd never put $400 in a CZ b/c I bought a Shadow 2 this summer, so I've already spent the extra $400 in buying that gun (as compared to the $500ish other CZs that I owned this summer.

Then you do not know what you do not know...and that's fine. Once you do know you will realize that money isn't everything and the quantum leap from a stock CZ to a fully Cajunized CZ can't be measured in dollars and cents.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The break in period is pretty stressful. I did the official break in on my first Colt AR. That took a considerable amount of time.
    Then the Les Baers, you aren't allowed to clean them until you get over 500 rounds. I used to be a bit anal about cleaning my guns after every range trip so not cleaning those made me a nervous wreck.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What is it with old guys with the "Break in period"? :dunno::):

It’s a convenient way to justify shooting the crap out of something. CZ’s just keep getting better as the round count climbs, so I really should consider anything under 5k round count to be untested. I might be able to sell that story to the wife. “Honest dear, I value your safety way too much to trust an untested gun. I HAVE to run 5,000 rounds through each of them to be sure they will work if needed.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For extended shooting yes a great trigger is lovely. But I can promise you that I can take a gun with a stock trigger and shoot just as accurate as one with a cajonized trigger or like with my glocks a zev or other aftermarket upgrades. I've done it with both types of guns.but I will enjoy shooting the upgraded triggers more that's for sure. But the trigger doesn't make me a better shooter for a couple mags worth. Shooting a lot, sure it matters because of fatigue and stuff.
    Just my personal shooting experiences and opinions. Not saying it's the same for everyone

I'm taking single action. Double action is a whole other beast and besides working in a trigger or the first round, I dont know why I'd ever WANT to stay in double action lol

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Then you do not know what you do not know...and that's fine. Once you do know you will realize that money isn't everything and the quantum leap from a stock CZ to a fully Cajunized CZ can't be measured in dollars and cents.

1. You are so right, and I admit it: I am happy in my ignorance of owning 2 CZs, and having owned 4 total to get where I am.
    2. I am so happy with my Rami, and then another level of happiness with the Shadow 2.
    3. Maybe some day in the future after I shoot someone's Cajunized CZ and it rocks my world and I can no longer be happy with the best guns that I own, I'll have to take the plunge.
    4. It's like the S/W 41 .22LR in the Classifieds for $1200. I would buy it if I thought it was so much better than my other dozen or so other .22 semi-autos I've got, but having never shot one I am reluctant b/c I'm so happy with what I've got, and I'd have to sell half of the ones I've got to pay for it, and I just am not ready to do that yet b/c of my inexperience.
    5. I have time: I've only been doing this for 1.5 yrs. Imagine the fun that awaits me when I learn what everyone else knows about a Cajunized CZ.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    For extended shooting yes a great trigger is lovely. But I can promise you that I can take a gun with a stock trigger and shoot just as accurate as one with a cajonized trigger or like with my glocks a zev or other aftermarket upgrades. I've done it with both types of guns.but I will enjoy shooting the upgraded triggers more that's for sure. But the trigger doesn't make me a better shooter for a couple mags worth. Shooting a lot, sure it matters because of fatigue and stuff.
    Just my personal shooting experiences and opinions. Not saying it's the same for everyone

I'm taking single action. Double action is a whole other beast and besides working in a trigger or the first round, I dont know why I'd ever WANT to stay in double action lol

At the range I shoot about 90% DA. Yes that means manually decocking after each round. It can be a pain but it has paid off in the long run. DA improves on a gun by shooting it in DA. As for accuracy, I'm not familiar with that. ;)

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I have been dry firing my Phantom relentlessly. (*protection of foam earplug on every pull*)

It has loosened up significantly.

Maybe - ummmm, say -- 3,000 pulls in DA dry fire.

I will continue to do it.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    At the range I shoot about 90% DA. Yes that means manually decocking after each round. It can be a pain but it has paid off in the long run. DA improves on a gun by shooting it in DA. As for accuracy, I'm not familiar with that. ;)

You are more accurate in DA than many people I know are in SA.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have been dry firing my Phantom relentlessly. (*protection of foam earplug on every pull*)

It has loosened up significantly.

Maybe - ummmm, say -- 3,000 pulls in DA dry fire.

I will continue to do it.

Not being any kind of CZ expert BUT... aren't some CZ models breaking because of dry fire practices? I'm going on hazy recall only on this one.

GOslow55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2018
    New Whiteland
    I,too own a CZ,75b high polish ss. Went on utube and searched cz75b and found lots of videos on cleaning and repairs,helped seeing someone do it. Also found lots of places for grips and magazines, plus get to see them on the gun.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Someone told me to cut a sponge ear plug in half and put it where the primer is. Dry fire away
    I love it

This will be my new method instead of an o-ring. Maybe I'll notice the orange foam unlike the o-ring I left in at a match. Was thoroughly embarrassed by the time i figured out the problem. Always good for a laugh though.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, I thought I'd give everyone something to laugh at since I am secure in my knowledge of 100 other things, but really dull/lacking in my gun knowledge.
    While "watching" a movie with the wife I viewed vids on cleaning a Rami and any CZ 75 (for the Shadow 2), and did so.
    Since the adage I was told was: CZs like to run "wet," I did left in a little Lucas gun oil on the rails, wiped down with my fingers instead of cloth.

Interesting to me that the 75s all seem to have the 2 marks that line up to take the pin out, but the Rami did not have those 2 marks.
    Couldn't believe how simple it all was, and have to laugh at how gmcttr had to come over to the house one evening (yes, I served pizza and beer), and initiated me on the take down of semi-autos: the beginning of my journey.

I did read about how people replace the OEM magazine springs on the Rami with Wolf springs (and the larger spring for the 14 rounder), and also changing out the recoil spring.

Top Bottom