• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    We have an aluminum body F-150 ar work, and we use as a work truck. It dents real easy and something was thrown in the bed and now it has a nice hole in the wheel wll, but hey it won’t rust lol

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had a 2017 Silverado 5.3 with the 6 speed auto. Notice I said had and not have. The transmissions on those are crap, unless you don't mind feeling like you got bumped in the rear every time you slow down to stop. Dealership just shrugged their shoulders and told me not to worry about it, since it was in warranty. No fix.

Research Silverado transmission issues before you saddle yourself with one of those pieces of ****.

I'd go Toyota, Ford or Ram (in that order). Looks like Ram already has a recall on their 2017-2018 models, but the Rams have nice interiors and the Hemi is a strong motor.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My only issues with the Toyota Tundra are the fuel economy (easily one of the worst in segment) the dated platform, and the interior isn't too great. I think the exteriors look nice, I think the full-size roll down back glass is really cool, and I'm sure it will be reliable.

I spend a lot of time driving and like the interior to be nice and comfortable, the less squeak and rattle prone cheap plastic inside, the better.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD in 2 WD. It has 167k on it and it is massive with the full size cab and bed...too big for me in fact. It can tow north of 6,000 lbs, (I think its rated for 9) and it will be for sale soon!

The bucket seats have the comfort of a Buick with a nice bench in the back, seats 6 total.

Its white with Helo wheels, tow hitch and the electric brake controller.

I would prefer to go back to a white, ground level F150 like I had before if you know anyone wanting to get rid of theirs.

Last edited:

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Hi everyone, I’m considering buying a full size crew cab pickup truck, front runner at the moment is a Ford F-150

I went thru two GMCs, with total mileage north of 250,000 each when I traded them in. No complaints about either one.

I currently drive an F150 SuperCrew 4x4 and love it. It's roomy and comfortable, tows well, and gets me thru mud and snow and whatever else I have faced. The back seat has plenty of room, even for my daughter's fiance, who is 6'5". Gas mileage is decent, averaging around 18 combined, with the 5.0 V8.

The only scary part is the price of a "new" truck. I bought the Ford used, saving at least $15K.

Forgot to say that mine is one of the rare SuperCrew,trucks with a 6.5 ft bed. Most have the dinky bed length, and I wanted something longer. The wheelbase makes parking or turning a little more difficult, but you get used to it. My wife struggles when we swap vehicles -- her daily driver is a Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    my sierra is 18 years old, has under 100K on it. it sits parked most of the time. std cab, LWB, 4x4, 4.8. besides the typical GM brake line issues, and rusted calipers/disks it's been pretty "trouble free"

i thought about selling/trading it in on a new crewcab, until i saw the sticker prices.
    i think i'll be going back to a full size van next time around.
    ive had vans, 4x4 trucks and fullsize bronco's since '77. at least for what i want a vehicle to do for me, a full size van is my best choice.

:cheers:

Top Bottom