• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I have the opportunity to buy a Glock 31 357 sig, with 400 rounds of ammo for $425. Is that a good buy if the gun is in good shape? I have never shot a Glock before, but this sounds like a decent deal to me. Thoughts?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What about the gun itself, is that a good model?

Any functional Glock is worth that much.

The .357 Sig isn't as common as some of the other calibers, but it's a reasonable choice for defensive use. You could also get a .40S&W barrel for it and you'd essentially have a Glock 23. You can even use the same magazines.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes that is a good deal.
    Yes Glocks are good guns, ask any of the millions upon millions of owners.

The only drawback and its minor is that the .357 Sig round is not that popular and expensive to shoot. The ammo that comes with it makes it an attractive deal, if you want to get into .357 Sig.

As mentioned you can always turn it into a .40. A Lone wolf conversion barrel runs approximately $100.

Oh and as an after thought you could also buy a 9mm conversion barrel and some 9mm Mags and shoot 9mm thought it.
    I would caution although I do this with my Glock 22 (shoot all 3 calibers) I keep it in original configuration for carry.
    Check the Lone Wolf site for your options.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    As long as it isn't beat to crap, yeah, good deal.

Chances are, because 357 SIG is fairly spendy for non-reloaders, it hasn't been shot as much as other models of similar age might have been.

If it's a 4th Gen and you don't take it, PM me the details!

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town

The .357 Sig isn't as common as some of the other calibers, but it's a reasonable choice for defensive use. You could also get a .40S&W barrel for it and you'd essentially have a Glock 23. You can even use the same magazines.

Ditto :ingo:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

The .357 Sig isn't as common as some of the other calibers, but it's a reasonable choice for defensive use. You could also get a .40S&W barrel for it and you'd essentially have a Glock 22. You can even use the same magazines.
    FTFY
    Yes that is a good deal.
    Yes Glocks are good guns, ask any of the millions upon millions of owners.

The only drawback and its minor is that the .357 Sig round is not that popular and expensive to shoot. The ammo that comes with it makes it an attractive deal, if you want to get into .357 Sig.

As mentioned you can always turn it into a .40. A Lone wolf conversion barrel runs approximately $100.

Oh and as an after thought you could also buy a 9mm conversion barrel and some 9mm Mags and shoot 9mm thought it.
    I would caution although I do this with my Glock 22 (shoot all 3 calibers) I keep it in original configuration for carry.
    Check the Lone Wolf site for your options.
    To shoot .40 you don't need a conversion barrel, just a Glock 22 barrel. To shoot 9mm you need a conversion barrel.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. I had to have it as soon as he told me about it, but with it being such a good deal I figured there had to be a catch. But so far everything seems great, the seller is a LEO. He is friends with my cousin, and my cousin wanted to buy it but didnt have the money, so I am picking it up tomorrow night.

Thanks again.

xtremegunnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    i have owned a few .357 sigs and they are a really nifty round...however they suck to reload and are a bear to purchase if you are on a budget. If it were me..i would shoot the 400 rounds and then purchase a lone wolf barrel in 40 and call it a day

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've reloaded thousands of 357SIG, and it's not really any worse than any other pistol cartridge to reload. Cheaper than 40, more fun than 9. :D And everyone else leaves your brass alone!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Say what?! I think you have this backwards, no? Wouldn't the .40 be too big and could lead to keyholeing?

No. He's right. Glock 22/31 barrels have the same dimensions (357SIG essentially being a necked down 40), no need for a conversion barrel per se. He'd need a conversion barrel for the 9mm because of the barrel hood/breechface size difference.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    No. He's right. Glock 22/31 barrels have the same dimensions (357SIG essentially being a necked down 40), no need for a conversion barrel per se. He'd need a conversion barrel for the 9mm because of the barrel hood/breechface size difference.
    Hmm.. Just seems odd. So does the .40 barrel not put any spin on a .357 round? The only thing a .40 and .357 sig have in common is the casing start size. The bullet is the same as a 9mm, right?

Top Bottom