• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    There is a "preferred" escrow service GunBroker recommends, does anyone have any experience with it? I believe it is called Tradiator.com. Are there other secure methods of payment? This will be my first online firearm purchase.

Also, how do I get a copy of my LGS's FFL? Do I get them to fax it to the seller or do I just let the LGS know there is something coming in for me? I'm very new to this and would appreciate any and all help!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I didn't use an escrow service and I would advise against it. Go get a copy of the FFL from the shop you want the gun transferred to, they will provide this happily. Then send that and a money order covering the product and shipping to the seller. Some sellers will accept faxed or emailed copies, but I felt the mail would be a better bet.

You can PM me if you have any specific questions, I just used gunbroker recently.

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Your Local Gun Shop can Email, Fax, or mail a copy of the FFL. My shop owner emails his, I call him, give him a email address to send it to and then I either pay with CC or Postal money order, today I wrote a check, I normally never do that but I didn't have time to run to the Post Office.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    Payment arragnments depend a lot on the seller. I bought a gun from a GunBroker seller, called the seller, and gave my credit card number over the phone (they had no CC fees). The seller was reputable and had an actual shop in Florida (i checked it out). Your gun shop will fax a copy of their FFL to the seller if you provide the them the fax number.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I always Paypal it if at all possible...they will refund your money in a heartbeat and charge the seller if there is any issues....if not...I money order it ALL THE WAY.....don't like putting checking account numbers out there for lord knows who.....and give your FFL the sellers contact info and they will share their FFL info with them

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I understand the FFL now, but how does the money order work? And how does it protect me if the buyer decides to up and run with my money?

It doesn't protect you, but there is some level of confidence from the seller's rating on Gun Broker. If they have sold a bunch of things and have a good rating, then you are probably safe. And, if they ever want to sell there again, they won't take your money and run. But, that's one reason I like to use a credit card.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I understand the FFL now, but how does the money order work? And how does it protect me if the buyer decides to up and run with my money?

It depends.

Some dealers only take a USPS money order. That means you get it at the Post Office, not at a bank. USPS money orders, if misused, constitute Mail Fraud. I honestly think its one of the better methods for payment because if the dealer accepts it and then defrauds you you have recourse with the Postal Inspector.

Generally, however, I suggest you only buy from someone who has a solid reputation.

As for the FFL information, my dealer simply FAXes or Emails his information directly to the seller.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I just did a GB transaction and had it sent to Beech Grove Firearms, in this case I used a personal check. I have used Postal Money orders in the past, and mailed them with del. confirmation, I also sell on gunbroker, like someone else said, it is pretty safe, read their feedback. Most sellers want to keep 100% positive feedback. I now have 50 and currently am running some auctions.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    It doesn't protect you, but there is some level of confidence from the seller's rating on Gun Broker. If they have sold a bunch of things and have a good rating, then you are probably safe. And, if they ever want to sell there again, they won't take your money and run. But, that's one reason I like to use a credit card.

This^^^^

Top Bottom