• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah, that's why I asked if anyone knew the actual law on that one. I have seen people be convicted of a/multiple felonies and have their guns confiscated immediately. Then again, I have seen a co-worker convicted of a felony and he still has guns. I know he's not allowed to have 'em but the authorities never checked to take them away. He is also trying to sell his.

See if they get confiscated I think the person should be given fair market value for them. They do that when they steal your land from you.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Yeah, that's why I asked if anyone knew the actual law on that one. I have seen people be convicted of a/multiple felonies and have their guns confiscated immediately. Then again, I have seen a co-worker convicted of a felony and he still has guns. I know he's not allowed to have 'em but the authorities never checked to take them away. He is also trying to sell his.

I have a friend who used to own a gun shop / sporting goods in Wauseon, OH. On at least one occasion, a gentleman came in to sell his firearm collection... accompanied by a BATF agent. My friend offered one price (fair but still trade value for a gun shop) and the man, discouraged, wanted to leave. The BATF agent stated, in no uncertain terms, "We've been to two other places already. You can sell them here or they're gone."

I assume it was a court order of some kind. Felony? Who knows...

(I know. I know. Everyone has a "friend" story but I believe it to be accurate.)

Last edited:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    buying from felon?

Pawn shops go through the same process of buying and selling firearms as gun shops do. FYI you cannot pawn a handgun in Indiana. The gun itself is never checked if stolen but the person who brought the gun in is on tape, fingerprinted and signs that their item is not stolen and all info regarding the transaction is put on file. If a pawn shop loses a pawn ticket the state will impose a massive fines. A person who wants to get a firearm they think is theirs back they go through the police just like any other stolen item. A pawn shop must put a gun on hold antil it is proved to be or not to be theirs.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Buying a handgun

My brother bought a gun that turned out to be stolen. He found out by calling the local sheriff's office.Lucky for him the guy gave him a bill of sale. And it went back on the seller. See if you can get the numbers from it and call your local sheriff or city police and they will check it out for you. And if it is stolen. Tell them who has it and where they live.:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom