• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    In a crazy world of people trying to beat the system, I understand why people want a credential..... It would ease my conscience on a sale. It's a cakewalk, get one, carry with pride.. You will grin GREAT BIG WHEN YOU LAMINATE THAT PINK PAPER'!!!!!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I don't care for it either... but their rifle, their rules.... If they require tongue piercings, I guess its their prerogative.

I feel your pain tho

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had business with my attorney (avid gun guy) and we spoke of this. The general take from him was that after both party's sign and date a receipt with the proper info that the seller is no longer responsible for the merchandise or any actions taken with the merchandise by the purchaser. Just as in selling a car once the title is signed/dated and the receipt done in the same way the seller is clear of responsibility.
    Yes, they may ask you about the sale but that could possibly happen with any sale even if you sold to a LEO. That was what I got from our conversation.
    I do understand the need to CYA but there are some good honest folks out there who do not LTCH.

Last edited:

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I bought two pistols this past weekend, FTF no LTCH. I'm 50 years old and I am waiting on LTCH. I'll continue to buy FTF to avoid Uncle Sam. Once I receive my LTCH, I'll be glad to provide my LTCH for a purchase.

In these litigious times, CYA is an excellent idea. Remember , the only person looking out for your butt is you.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Ok, I'll give a little bit of additional info. The mother of my children is anti 2nd ammendment, doesnt want any guns in the house and would freak if she found I was carrying a gun. Reason for no LTCH yet. Also my family is living in their innocent naivety while dad, in secret vigilence, protects the household.

While she chooses for her and our children to be potential victims, I choose for my family and myself to be survivors. We've already been broken into, there has been murders on our street and one right in front of our house. Yet she considers owning a gun a symptom of paranoia. We have many discussions back and forth over the gun control issue and the purpose of the 2nd ammendment and she wont budge.

I didnt want to veer off in a tangent in this discussion, but felt it necessary to give my reason why I dont have an LTCH yet, but might be interested in your rifle. Now does my argument sound foolish?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Ok, this might get me flamed but here goes. I'm all for NOT letting the bad guys get the guns, especially in a FTF deal. BUT.... There are some of us gun owners who purchase their guns solely for home defense, at least for now, and dont wish to be fingerprinted and put on a list by getting an LTCH. That said, I follow the law and the guns stay in the home.

Now the problem. According to Indiana state law, the following holds true:

Permit needed to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.
    Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.
    Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.
    Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No.

Therefore, all I need is my ID to prove my residence and age and the cash.
    By law, you dont need any more than I'm required to provide to make a purchase.

Yet, many ads for the private sale of a rifle between two people with Indiana state drivers licences require also seeing an LTCH. Yes, the purpose is obvious, people think that having an LTCH is the end all be all proof that the buyer has passed certain scrutiny to carry a gun. Yes, its a nice and easy way for the seller to be certain But can there not be a fairer way to handle the legal purchase of a rifle without putting people like me out in the cold?

I'm fine with offering my ID for your scrutiny
    I'm happy to have a quaint discussion so you can feel me out mentally
    It's great to provide a bill of sale that I'll happily sign

But requiring a handgun license to purchase a rifle, I dunno.

worry about this when you have 50 posts?
    Lol but seriously its sellers discretion, nothing you can do.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Ok, I'll give a little bit of additional info. The mother of my children is anti 2nd ammendment, doesnt want any guns in the house and would freak if she found I was carrying a gun. Reason for no LTCH yet. Also my family is living in their innocent naivety while dad, in secret vigilence, protects the household.

While she chooses for her and our children to be potential victims, I choose for my family and myself to be survivors. We've already been broken into, there has been murders on our street and one right in front of our house. Yet she considers owning a gun a symptom of paranoia. We have many discussions back and forth over the gun control issue and the purpose of the 2nd ammendment and she wont budge.

I didnt want to veer off in a tangent in this discussion, but felt it necessary to give my reason why I dont have an LTCH yet, but might be interested in your rifle. Now does my argument sound foolish?
    After reading this I way to you: sounds like your doing a very noble thing by taking initiative of protecting the family etc. But something very important that you need to consider is educating your family and getting them
    nto the I don't want to ne a victim train. Yes you can so a good job protecting your family, bit you cam do a great job if everyone's on the same page. It's not going to be an easy task, bit ask yourself what if your not there? What if something happens outside the home? Just my :twocents:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    After reading this I way to you: sounds like your doing a very noble thing by taking initiative of protecting the family etc. But something very important that you need to consider is educating your family and getting them
    nto the I don't want to ne a victim train. Yes you can so a good job protecting your family, bit you cam do a great job if everyone's on the same page. It's not going to be an easy task, bit ask yourself what if your not there? What if something happens outside the home? Just my :twocents:

Yes, having all on the same page would be nice, but I cant force someone, especially a doctor in Psychology, to admit they're wrong about something so divisive and ingrained. Some say, take her to the range...she'll love it! Yeah right, you cant get a person to drink the water if they already whole heartedly believe the water is poison. Well leave her, shes not for you, say others. Sure, after two children and 18 years, I'm going to leave my family.

I've got my methodologies, layers of security and plans of action to protect my team. It's my job and I gladly accept it.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yes, having all on the same page would be nice, but I cant force someone, especially a doctor in Psychology, to admit they're wrong about something so divisive and ingrained. Some say, take her to the range...she'll love it! Yeah right, you cant get a person to drink the water if they already whole heartedly believe the water is poison. Well leave her, shes not for you, say others. Sure, after two children and 18 years, I'm going to leave my family.

I've got my methodologies, layers of security and plans of action to protect my team. It's my job and I gladly accept it.
    Man I feel for you, and glad I'm not in your situation. If you cant just 'assert' the fact you will carry a gun to protect your family, maybe do it on the down-low, I sure hope you're working to get your LTCH so you can look after your family outside the home in a discrete, assured manner.

My :twocents: for sales:
    I don't require a LTCH to sell any firearm, only Indiana driver's license; I actually believe in the 2nd amendment and IMO the whole LTCH is an infringement on it.

Secondly, I wont sell to someone if they're noticeably not 'proper'. I'm extremely perceptive of how people communicate (interpersonal communication), body language, tone, inflections, pauses, facial gestures, eye movement, bahavior/attitude, the order you use words, and how you walk all tell me vastly more than anything coherent out of your mouth.

Third, What you do with the weapon after sale is beyond my care or reason, and none of my business; if it were, I'd be a cop investigating you or working for the DHS spy-network.

I'd love to see the day a court will convict someone for following the law; because the fall of Rome would shortly ensue. With this logic, you could be charged with reckless/negligent homicide because you decided to sell a cool car to your neighbor that caused someone to look at it as they were turning at the light, hitting granny Mae and little Suzi killing both.

*I hate making posts longer than I mean to but I get into it too much :(

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Lets think about it for a second...Why would someone want to see a ltch for a sale? Here's the way I see it. Guy puts a fancy "will only sell to ltch" on an ad 'cause he wants to feel all warm and toasty inside. Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little ltch under your pillow at night, the ltch Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right? The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times...
    So why show a ltch?...Because they think they're selling to a proper person. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it ltch, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying from someone through an ffl. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lets think about it for a second...Why would someone want to see a ltch for a sale? Here's the way I see it. Guy puts a fancy "will only sell to ltch" on an ad 'cause he wants to feel all warm and toasty inside. Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little ltch under your pillow at night, the ltch Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right? The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times...
    So why show a ltch?...Because they think they're selling to a proper person. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it ltch, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying from someone through an ffl. :D

How can anybody argue with this logic............:D

Wacker12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

Tommy Boy!! Great Flick!

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    so a 2 inch by 3 inch piece of pink paper you cant hide from her but a long gun you can make disappear yet have ready in the face of danger? I gotta call BS on this one

Top Bottom