• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A case of .22 is ~5000 rounds. I like the CCI Blazer noted above or Federal Champion for cheap, plinking ammo but make sure you have tried out whatever you want to get first. You will be using it for a long time and rimfires can be picky.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    +1 on the part about some guns being picky.

The CCI Blazer has been good ammo for us in numerous guns. I keep reading that it is a favorite with many Appleseeders, but haven't been to one yet to find out.
    I'm working on that.

I like Dunn's and have been to all 3 stores numerous times. If you ever get close to one take the time to stop by.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    From the same store:
    https://www.shopdunns.com/products/2322/federal_champion_745_22lr_case/

This is the ammo that shoots well from my 22 rifles and I'd gladly pay the extra .3 cents per round to buy it, if I wanted that much bulk ammo. Point being: Make sure you know what your guns like before buying a few years' supply of stuff they don't.

This is the 22lr ammo I use. I've shot this federal bulk in my 10-22, mark iii, marking papoose, and cmmg conversion kit. I think stocking up on 22lr makes the most sense as a starting point.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    @ 03A3 -- OK, but don't you tell your wife it was my idea! :D

Two summers ago I bought 7 or 8 different 22 ammo types/brands in 50-count boxes and fired them through each of the rifles/pistols I have that are chambered in 22LR. Several shot pretty well, but the Federal Champion 36gr HP's shot under an inch (minute-of-squirrel-head) at 50 yards, plus they ran clean or shot good groups in the other guns. I bought 1,000 of them from the same lot number, which will last me a while. I agree with Teddy that if you're going to have a real surplus of any kind of ammo, 22LR is the first one you should stock-pile.

Top Bottom