• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Between rock auto and car-part.com you shouldn't ever need a parts store. Car-part indexes junkyards and is super handy if your looking for something specific

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The coil pack went out on my wife's Taurus. I drove it to Advance Auto and had them put it on the machine to check it and they confirmed it was the coil pack.

The guy looked it up and said they had it in stock. I asked him the part number while standing at the counter. He gave me the part number and I ordered it online to be picked up at the same store I was standing in. I googled coupon codes before the order and got a 20% off code.

I placed the order with code and within five minutes it popped up on his computer. He was really cool about it and even said he was going to do the same thing since his discount was less than that. IIRC is was a savings of $17.
    This sounds like an Advance Auto deal. I have done this a couple times for batteries. They typically have good coupons available.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My dad got a quote for new front struts on his 07 Buick. $1,000. I looked up the Quick sturt (strut, coil spring and strut mount, all assembled) for $220 shipped for the pair.

I'll put them on and he can have it aligned for $50. $700+ saved.

Local parts stores had them for $200 each.

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I have used rock auto for a few years. The prices are great and shipping is still reasonable. Car part .com is getting better. However if you know a car dealer of any kind they can usually get great prices at your local auto parts store.

Top Bottom