• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel

I was in Florida last year and went to a couple of pawnshops and found a good deal on a pistol. I know I can buy and have them shipped to a FFL dealer but the guys atthe pawn shop said that they could not show me anything because it was illegalfor me to handle a weapon because I was not a resident.
    Anyone know what the deal is. Did they just not want to sellme a gun or what? Going back down in July and don't want to waste my time ifthey can't sell to me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The guys working at the counter were just ignoramuses.

Unless there's an age-rule in FL for buying new guns from an FFL.

-J-

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was in Florida last year and went to a couple of pawnshops and found a good deal on a pistol. I know I can buy and have them shipped to a FFL dealer but the guys atthe pawn shop said that they could not show me anything because it was illegalfor me to handle a weapon because I was not a resident.
    Anyone know what the deal is. Did they just not want to sellme a gun or what? Going back down in July and don't want to waste my time ifthey can't sell to me.

Horse hockey! I've handled guns (both long and hand) at two different shops in the Ocala area.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington

I think they just didn't know what they were talking about. Was in kissimee last summer and went to a couple of gun stores in the area and checked out the goods. Then again it never got brought up where I was from, but you'd have to imagine with the amount of tourists in florida that if there were such a law most gun stores would be pretty proactive in checking whether you were a resident or not.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ems, think of it this way, laws are like fences.

Fences keep things out, like work.:D

"I can't do ________ it's against the law."

It's not against the law, they just don't want to do it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've worked in several cities in Florida and always hit the pawn shops, gun shops and gun shows. Some places did ask if I was a resident but when told I wanted to ship to an FFL they said ok and showed me the gun. They get so many tourist that just like to finger fugg the guns with no intention of buying that they came up with fictitious rules or made it their store policy. Can't blame them in a way.

Top Bottom