• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    whats up guys i might need to acquire some self defense rounds in the next couple of days and well I'm afraid I won't be able to do so without someone being 21 getting them for me.

I usually just goto Dicks at the southlake mall because ive been qouted by the rifle table manager that "We just check for you to be 18 because we consider all our ammo rifle ammo since all we carry are rifles". I don't mind driving around a little to find a place that will finally sell me a predominintly handgun based ammo but I feel like buying JHP is going to throw this idea out of the water.

Do any of the local gun stores just check for you to be 18. I see most websites only ask that you be 18 but I don't feel like waiting for my ammo to arrive when I can just get it while I am out.

-zack-

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    ive had problems with people telling me they wont sell me ammo because i am only 19 and (insert caliber here) is too uncommon in rifles. i guess 9mm isnt that uncommon though

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    ive had problems with people telling me they wont sell me ammo because i am only 19 and (insert caliber here) is too uncommon in rifles. i guess 9mm isnt that uncommon though
    Walmart

The people behind the counter are like zombies, they just do what the computer asks them. So it asks them if its hg or rifle ammo. They in turn ask you, and you tell them rifle. Problem solved. I did this for years (well 3 years to be exact) when buying for myself.

You can also argue that it is for a carbine rifle. Find a popular carbine in the caliber you want, and tell the cashier what model you have. If they still don't budge, ask them how they think you got a handgun when you're only 19. Insist that you have a pistol caliber rifle.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    lol, I bought some .22 LR at Wal Mart once and the guy asked me that. I said "both" and I think his brain almost overheated thinking about how to enter that.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can you have someone else buy it for you?

Retailers ARE prohibited by law from selling "handgun ammunition" to anyone under 21.

Yes, it's crap.

Yes, there are obvious loopholes in this crap law.

Bon chance!

-J-

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Walmart

The people behind the counter are like zombies, they just do what the computer asks them. So it asks them if its hg or rifle ammo. They in turn ask you, and you tell them rifle. Problem solved. I did this for years (well 3 years to be exact) when buying for myself.

You can also argue that it is for a carbine rifle. Find a popular carbine in the caliber you want, and tell the cashier what model you have. If they still don't budge, ask them how they think you got a handgun when you're only 19. Insist that you have a pistol caliber rifle.
    Pretty much exactly what this guy said.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    lol, I bought some .22 LR at Wal Mart once and the guy asked me that. I said "both" and I think his brain almost overheated thinking about how to enter that.

i went thru the same thing.they are like robots that can't compute the response "both" now i do it just to see their reactions:laugh:

Top Bottom