• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Just looked at a piece of land today near French Lick. Price seemed very high given the economy but I havent been keeping up with land prices for awhile now. Its a pretty good piece of property though and not too bad a drive from where I live.
    Anyone know of any property for sale in the Southern In. area? 50 acres, give or take depending on location and price. Wanna deer hunt, set up a shooting range and use as a recreation gettaway/retreat. Secluded with a water source are two biggies for sure.

Otherwise, any discussion about land and retreats or people getting together on a property would be appreciated. I wouldnt mind hooking up with some local, like minded, trustworthy folks.
    Thanks for any response.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just looked at a piece of land today near French Lick. Price seemed very high given the economy but I havent been keeping up with land prices for awhile now. Its a pretty good piece of property though and not too bad a drive from where I live.
    Anyone know of any property for sale in the Southern In. area? 50 acres, give or take depending on location and price. Wanna deer hunt, set up a shooting range and use as a recreation gettaway/retreat. Secluded with a water source are two biggies for sure.

Otherwise, any discussion about land and retreats or people getting together on a property would be appreciated. I wouldnt mind hooking up with some local, like minded, trustworthy folks.
    Thanks for any response.
    Have you done a search here in the survival discussion sub-forum? There have been a multitude of these discussion before... try searching first...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    2-4 years ago I saw some fair-moderately good farm land advertised for $4300/acre here in SE Lawrence county. This week, there was an ad in the Bedford paper for 100 acres, 10 of it bottom land, I forget the mix tillable/timber, advertised for $240k.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Something wrong with starting a new discussion? Seems that when posting in some of the older discussions many dont respond as much as starting a new conversation.

There's nothing wrong with it per se, but I know that I for one, who have participated in many such discussions in the past am MORE likely to respond in an existing thread in which I have participated when there's something new I've thought of since then, rather than just rehash what I've said before.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    Have you done a search here in the survival discussion sub-forum? There have been a multitude of these discussion before... try searching first...

Maybe you should go in to the hand gun section and tell everyone posting about Glock vs XD or .45 vs. 9mm the same thing? Seems as though those two things get rehashed in about 9 out of 10 discussions over there!

As far as land goes, I have no idea but was interested in this thread when I saw it so i read it, I would have not read a thread that was 25 pages long about the same thing. Just my :twocents:

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    You mention French Lick, if you want to be away from every thing drive north of French Lick to Northwest Township. Land will be cheaper and you will be in the wilderness. I grew up there and it hasn't changed much in the past 50 years.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    2-4 years ago I saw some fair-moderately good farm land advertised for $4300/acre here in SE Lawrence county. This week, there was an ad in the Bedford paper for 100 acres, 10 of it bottom land, I forget the mix tillable/timber, advertised for $240k.
    Location? I'm looking for land, 60-250 acres in Lawrence county.

Maybe you should go in to the hand gun section and tell everyone posting about Glock vs XD or .45 vs. 9mm the same thing? Seems as though those two things get rehashed in about 9 out of 10 discussions over there!

As far as land goes, I have no idea but was interested in this thread when I saw it so i read it, I would have not read a thread that was 25 pages long about the same thing. Just my :twocents:
    I don't even go into handgun discussion anymore, no need for me to go there... General Firearms, Long-guns, Class III, Survival, Outdoors, and breakroom with the occasional visit to carry discussions... just personal preference.

The past discussions at least the 2+ threads that have occurred in the last 3 months haven't gone over 4 pages. Hence the reason for my post. These discussions generally don't go anywhere because of the nature of the topic. Somebody says they're looking for land and asks for advice. The very same topics are brought up and the very same links for places to look for listings online, and then the thread is over. So no need to discuss it again unless the OP has something new to add/ask.

I wasn't posting to kill the thread, I was posting to see if the OP had searched the more recent threads to see if his questions, thoughts, etc had already been covered.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks for the responses. Dont matter if it ends up a short thread or not to me. Only takes one post with a recent piece of land for sale in my area to make it worth the trouble. I understand that some subjects get beat to death but theres always new members like me that get tired of putting a lot of time in researching just to have to read through the long time members inside jokes and idol chat before getting to any solid info. Not complaining just my reasoning I guess.
    The property I was looking at was 57 acres for $135.000 I think.
    Hey indiucky, Im pretty familiar with Perry county. My wifes parents had 105 acres on Bear Lick Rd back before they divorced. We finished the cabin on it right before they filed for divorce. It got sold and ive kicked myself ever sinse for not doing everything I could to keep it.
    I spend a huge amout of time at Indian & Celina and the other lakes up 37.
    Anyway thanks again for the comments.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Good luck!, people down here look at selling any acreage as if they just hit the lotto! The price per acre has gotten ridiculous. If it has any farmable land, it's expensive. If there is any wooded acreage for timber or hunting, it's even more expensive! land in S. Indiana is generally outpriced for the average Hoosier. You almost have to be independently wealthy or inherited it to be able to own any sizable property down south.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Good luck!, people down here look at selling any acreage as if they just hit the lotto! The price per acre has gotten ridiculous. If it has any farmable land, it's expensive. If there is any wooded acreage for timber or hunting, it's even more expensive! land in S. Indiana is generally outpriced for the average Hoosier. You almost have to be independently wealthy or inherited it to be able to own any sizable property down south.

You'd think that with the economy supposedly tanking there would be some good property deals spinging up. Maybe im thinking buttbackwards on that though.
    Couple acres surrounded by govment land sounding better & better:)

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Check with the Sheriff office in the area you like and see when there will be a tax auction. You can get some really good deals there.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Have you seen land prices in northern IN? My dad bought farm-ground 4 years ago for almost $4k/acre and the bank didn't even ask for a down-payment because it was so CHEAP.

The reality is, they aren't making anymore land... and people are starting to want more and more acreage. Couple that with the fact that farming is pretty profitable right now and every scrap of farmland is at a high-premium, you get high land-values. Ultimately, when nice properties come up for sale, it comes down to who wants it more and who is willing to pay more for it...

Top Bottom